Spyware -_- Its just not as simple as it should be

Stalker

In Runtime
Ive tried everything I can think of!

Theres this program that got onto my computer, It is located in my system 32 file. Adaware locks up as soon as it finds it and My computer becomes unresponsive. Even in safe mode.

Then If I end the process in the Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete) it opens another program (the same one, different name) its always 7 characters

I would be able to delete it I think if i could just close it. But when you close it, it deletes that program after it opens a copy under a different name... That sounds confusing

What I mean is, If I try to delete "obbhjeo.exe" from the system 32 file it says its in use (open)

Well if I close that in the task manager, a new program (say something like "dxzqsi.exe") is created in system32, opened, and the old program is deleted. I cant figure out how to get rid of it!

Can someone please help? Im normally really good at things like this, But I think im stumped with this. Its not taking up all my processes, I dont really know WHAT its doing its just there lol

GG is stumped too, She thought safemode should have done it but nope =\ Oh well

Oh, and on top of that there is now a plugin on my internet explorer that is supposedly a search or something

now I cannot right click and hide it, its disabled that

Yea ... safe mode should've done it ... it only loads system processes ...
Try removing the startup item by typing in 'msconfig'
Download AVG, Spybot S&D and Microsoft Antispyware ... you can also try posting a Hijackthis log somewhere here
Make sure that you run full system scans on your whole computer ...
Delete your .tmp files using ccleaner in case something is hiding there (http://www.ccleaner.com)
If you don't have one, get a firewall ...
If you know what you got infected with also helps, whats the toolbar called ?

dyserq has many good points there but I must add one.
When installing spybot make sure that u enable the install tea timer or something like that. Tea timer prevents any processes (be they good or bad) to enter themselves to the startup without your permission.

The problem seems to be quite bad, but atleast reformat will fix it if nothing else helps.

i removed the startup, i cant download anything, i told you the thing finds the thing it just freezes the program, again i cant download anything, and ive cleared all my temporary files before i did these things, no need for a new program when windows can do it on its own

This is really pissing me off, why do people put spyware on websites!? I told dad to be careful, dont accept anything, install nothing, GAH

I dont wanna reformat... lmao Theres gotta be a way to fix it, just gotta find it

And That bar in IE is unlabeled, I dont use IE anyways

But this program keeps popping up some webpage with a random ad in it (thats why it annoying) And Next time it pops up ill edit this post and put it in here

Actually windows is quite weak, made even weaker if you don't have sp2
Well ... if we find out the name of the toolbar we could possibly find out the original problem and hopefully source
The toolbar should be installed somewhere onto your browser, if you have sp2, then go to tools and then manage add ons, see if there are any suspicious programs there
And see if you have any weird programs, some of them hide themselves so you should try this website and show all the hidden programs in the add/remove program list in control panel
There is a part in the website showing you how to do this

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,103796,00.asp

Ok, The Thing isnt spyware perse its adware, It says "You got it because you downloaded some freeware stuff and allthings that are free come with unwanted stuff! haha n00b!"

No, but seriously Its this thing From the ABI network apparently, But the program it says to go get at mypctuneup.com isnt uninstalling it at all its just sitting there.

(I got to this point by doing what dyserg said, I went to uninstall "Abi Network" And it sent me to a webpage with all those instructions and stuff, i hate being made look like a fool like this and its exactly whats happening)

"no need for a new program when windows can do it on its own"
if this sentence is about the startup thing. With windows u can disable a program from the startup, but there is nothing in windows (atleast that I know of) that will prevent the program from adding itself into the startup again. And reformatting really ain't so bad, just go to a friends house and put all of the important files (pictures, music etc) to his hdd, then reformat and then take back all of those files.

Stalker don't get so worked up about this ... you need some time out ;)
The toolbar can help identify whats on your computer if you didn't already know that ... for example the CoolWWWSearch toolbar
For you, i would go with formatting :D

Back
Top Bottom