I'm not getting any sound!!

mummer43

Baseband Member
I just switched all my components over to a new case and I not getting any sound. Does anyone know what it might be?

i had this problem twice once was because the latest sound drivers werent installed and the other i just had my speakers plugged into the wrong jack (i had just got my comp and i was puttin it together in the dark)

Maybe one of the sliders on the 'Volume' tab next to the clock is muted or right down, classic mistake i've made many times.

are you using a sound card? Maybe that's it. Connection problem. Or damaged speaker cable. Try different speakers... and the specs of your comp would help.

Run back Drivers. Reinstall dirvers. Hardware installed propoly? Did you move a jumper? Look through divice manager to insure it shows on the list. Try runniong back the driver, or re-instal with cd, or dowload them from the website. I think it would be a driver probleam.

jac006 said:
are you using a sound card? Maybe that's it. Connection problem. Or damaged speaker cable. Try different speakers... and the specs of your comp would help.

I'm using onboard sound. The volume is turned on.

Specs:

Asus P4P800S motherboard

Pentium 4, 3.2 MHz

1.5 Gig of RAM

Windows XP

What else do you need to know?

Umm, is there another sound card in there>? Make sure you connected the speakers in the green slot...

Back
Top Bottom