Major Decrypting problem

GTA1989

Baseband Member
Hi, the other day i was playing around and somehow encrypted my documents folders and subfolders but it didnt really do anything and i just left it like that. A few days later I was going to format, and i copied those files onto another partition of mine. After that i've formatted, i cant A) Move those files into my documents right now, and B) Open them. I cant decrypt them, always gives me a error access denied.

I went into properties,attributes, advanced, detail and i tried to add the user ( myself ), it gives me a cerficiate problems... "This CA Root certificate is not trusted. To enable trust, install this certificate in the trusted root certification authorities store."

PLEASE HELP I NEED MY DOCUMENTS!

Thank you in advance

How can you accidently encrypt your documents ?! It just seems weird thats all ...
Are you trying to move the files onto another partition or the one that you stored it on ? You can only move through partitions if they are compatible with each other, ie, NTFS and FAT isn't compatible
Well ... what is the file format of the documents you are trying to open, as in the current format after encryption ?

I didnt accidentaly encrypt them, i just did it the other day to see what it does, stupid me. I encrypted the whole My Documents folder, pictures, music, stuff like that. Right now, i cannot open them or move them to where i want to put them. :(

cheaty112 said:
So you encrypted everything through windows? It's not like a .rar file and you encrypted it in winrar or anything like that?

No, i just encrypted the My Documents folder. I did right click, properties, advanced, Encrypt contents to secure details.

No, i just encrypted the My Documents folder. I did right click, properties, advanced, Encrypt contents to secure details.

Is that it ?
So you just applied the encrypt attributes to the folder ? You can simply reverse that easily ... just untick the box where you applied the attributes to the folder

dyserq said:
Is that it ?
So you just applied the encrypt attributes to the folder ? You can simply reverse that easily ... just untick the box where you applied the attributes to the folder

Dude i tried that, does not work, access denied. I encrypted it before i formatted, so now that i formatted, it recognises it as a different user, so it dont let me decrypt. Im pissed off and it keep telling me that "This CA Root certificate is not trusted. To enable trust, install this certificate in the trusted root certification authorities store."

Back
Top Bottom