Can I Change This?

GreySteelFox

In Runtime
is it possible that i can change out the motherboard and a dell 8250? finding ram is so difficult that im willing to do this instead :mad:

wat kind of ram does it take. changin the mobo is not as easy as it seems considering you have to mess wit the bios to make it run right.

Not to mention the terrible time you'd have getting all the parts out and back in. Dells are very difficult to work with.

Without forgeting the static charges if you are on the carpet. If you shake the tower, static discharges would occur.

But, it is possible to take it out...maybe

i just need an alienware :( the ram is 184 pin 16 bit pc1066. EXTREMELY hard to find! i need 2 x 256 sticks but cant find any without using the internet, dont have a credit card

just build a custom pc... it saves you a deal of money. I made a custom pc a year ago that could play any game and run any application for 500 bucks when it retailed for 1000+.

it costs 200 for a good vid card, 100 for the sound card, 150 for a motherboard, 60-100 for a case, 150-200 for a processor, and oodles of other stuff that costs oodles of pretty pennies

its not that old its just, non mass-produced. its said to be one of the fastest types of ram but it didnt catch on because of cost. can only get it from dell, samsung or kingston but i dont see any stores like that in the near future. and i dont know how to do the BIOS and install the MOBO but i guess i could send it to "The Shop" and pay even more, but if someone could find some ram and think, "hey IHateDells needs some of this" and brings it to my house and i pay #200 bucks for it i would be so happy :)

Back
Top Bottom