Dvd Recording

andyk09

Solid State Member
Hi i've been having a problem for a while now with my cd writer. i've currently upgraded nero to see if that solves the problem but it didn't.
I can write to normal CD_R's with no problems but if i try and write to a DVD-r - it keeps saying waiting for drive to initalize/ then says drive not initalizing maybe due to deffective disk, now i know not every disk will work. So therefore i tryed several different disks throughout the pack, i even borrowed a few off my brother and they all said the same drive not initalizing maybe due to a deffective disk. My brother tryed to do a driver update but it said it cant update this drive and as far as the computers concerned the drive is working properly. i've been able to write to these disks before and not had any probs. Just trying to find out if theres a simple way of getting it to work before i go and buy a new writer.......... Plaese help someone

I have an MSI DVDRW dont know if you need any more tech info for it.

the drive is only about a year and bit old. Also i noticed it stopped working when i installed another DVD Rom i did have them on the same IDE cable and one set to master the other slave but since trying to get i working i've put them on to separate IDE cables but still no joy

Back
Top Bottom