just want your opinion

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
ok...my dad thinks that all M rated games are horrible and i shouldn't be able to play/buy/have ANY!! yet he buys me Halo 2 (thank god)!! ok...the only reason that the games i want (mortal kombat:deception, ninja gaiden) are rated M is b/c of blood!! he lets me have BF2 and all other games as long as their rated T or less. now ... what i want to know is if im just crazy or is this a stubborn rule of my dad?

He's just concerned for you as most normal dads are. Your dad really look out for you. THere are other dads that could care less what their kids are playing. He may seem strict now, but later in life, you'll thank him for it.

I know I do. Proper guidance is the way to raise a child right. He's nice to reward you with Halo 2. Go dad!!!

yes but i don't see why just b/c they have blood in em i can't get em??? mebbie your right...but i don't see myself thanking him for not letting me get awesome games (IMO) b/c they have blood in em!!

It depends how gullible and how naive the person is. The sooner you view these things, the sooner you mature and grow up. I think if you dad thinks that you're not ready (Which is just ignorant, unless you're one of those kids that actually believes in Santa still and other things and easily persuaded) then you should respect his concern for you.

But if you think you're ready to view virtual reality red cathode ray steams, then you should talk to him about him, and tell him straight to the face, "I think I should be allowed to play a video game that has virtual reality red cathode ray streams."

I assume you are living with your parents now and they are your main source of providing you with everything? Once you get a job and rely on them less, (paying your way through college, making your own car payment, etc) they will let you have more freedom because you will be at the age where you are not a kid anymore and they let you make your own decisions. But by that time, you'll probably lose interest in games, lol. Like I am right now. Well, I still like some but not most.

i have told him that its stupid for him to not let me play M-rated games cuz of blood.

and by the time im providing for myself i don't care what they say... :D and i don't thinkill loose intrest in video games...i wanna grow up to develop em :D i love em w/ a passion

yeah...like i can see were he shouldn't let me play playboy:the mansion...but like ninja gaiden?? and mortal kombat?? i mean come on...he lets me play BF2. its the pure fact that its a M-rated game that he won't let me get it!!

games like manhunt shouldn't be played if your not old enough to buy them, but MK to me would be fine.

i seriously would not care as long as you didint start acting out the things you see in the games. then id slap you upside the head lol.

Back
Top Bottom