I've been wondering for several months

If a thread is deleted i think it does lower your post count ... i mean, it is removed from the database ...
And yeah if its locked your post count ain't going down

there is good info tied up in old threads, people can look back through them and get help from that...

mark... lol

The idea of keeping them is if someone has a problem and does a search they might be able to find the information in a previous thread, instaed of crating one thats been covered before.

hehe, Mark beat me to it.

yellowsnowman said:
locked is different than deletion...

But if a thread is deleted, do the posts counts of people go down?
No. I've looked at spammers and when the threads get deleted, they get the same amount of posts. It just won't appear

I hear that deleting user accounts, posts and threads can seriously muck up the database if not done properly (not sure about this, but it's what I've been told).

But you're right, instead of locking old threads as they're resurrected, for purely no reason, why David or a mod doesn't just use the Mod CP to do a mass lock job on posts over a certain age. It could be done once a month or something like that.

Don't know if vBulletin supports mass locking, but it would be an ideal solution.

lhuser said:
No. I've looked at spammers and when the threads get deleted, they get the same amount of posts. It just won't appear

Another thing.

Spam threads don't get deleted as far as I know. I think they just get moved to where we can't see them.

Seriously guys.... if a thread where you posted two posts gets deleted, your post count goes down by two. If a thread is locked, post counts are not affected because the posts are still there. This isn't brain surgery.

Back
Top Bottom