Partitioning ! Its Ticking Me Off !

dyserq

Fully Optimized
Ok ... here is the story
I've been trying for hours, i've downloaded Partition Magic and other partitioning programs but they don't let me apply changes seeing as they are only demo versions, i've searched through the threads and i've gone through tutorials but i can't seem to find something ... it is really ticking me off
I need to partition my hard drive ... but the problem is when i go to disk management there is no unallocated space, the C:\ takes up the whole drive ... so therefore i can not create a partition with Windows before resizing C:\ and i really would not like to format me hard drive ...
Does anyone know programs which actually let me apply the partition changes to my hard drive instead of just saying that it will but only if you buy it ?
All advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

PS i may be abit busy but i will try very much to get on ;)

use FIPS to make your current partition smaller then you can install FC4 with the empty space you just made

Hmm FIPS is abit confusing for me lol :D Yes i am a newb to this ;)
So i can just install Fedora from a boot disk and it will do the partitioning for me ?

FC4 it can't make your partition smaller itself and FIPS is the only program i know that can do that try haveing a look on google for instructions fot FIPS

Hmm there is a partioning program called Disk Droid on FC4 ...
I googled some tutorials for FIPS buts its too damn hard ! I mean ... FIPS is old and the tutorials are extremely outdated ...
I feel like giving up on the whole thing :(

Back
Top Bottom