Are humans holograms ?

O.K. look just look at it this way.

We are all hollograms and when touching and such we are exchanging data. So it's like we are a video game, in a video game, the character can build building, and can bleed.

Lol ... well i really don't know so i have to confront him about this myself but i think he means that we are in a world of technology where everything controls us, we are just like a game, just how 3d games create realistic characters, we are created through holograms, hmm ... thats virtual reality for you ...
Hmm ... i am at school currently and i'll ask him about it ... :D

Eh

Sorry, but the budding physicist in me had to point out a few flaws and/or suggestions in this theory.

One: a hologram CANNOT be projected through a solid, opaque object.

This would mean that either we are not holograms at all, or everything, not just us, is a hologram. The walls, the computers, all of it.

Another thing... light can't radiate light or heat, and I think I remember from one of your posts something about heat. Light IS radiation. Electromagnetic radiation, in fact, along with radio waves and stuff like that. Heat isn't even radiation; the 'sense' of heat is actually just the transfer of thermal energy, which is in fact just kinetic energy. The temperature of an object is really just the amount at which its atoms vibrate, and this vibration can only be transfered to another atom through touch. I have a bunch more things to say about this 'theory', but instead I'll try and add something to it.

Now. In my opinion, the only way for this theory to really and truly work is if the calculations and stuff don't happen inside 'us'. The thought processes and the collision and all that, would not be able to happen inside what we think to be ourselves. There would have to be one massive central computer, or mainframe, or whatever the hell you want to call it, that processes it all in numbers and such, and keeps it running. It would then have to project this as one gigantic, constantly-moving hologram. The holographic people in this world would have no need of the hologram itself - all their life is calculated and processed through the central computer. What they see, is what the computer is saying they're seeing. What they hear is the same. Which leads to my final point, question, or whatever you want to call it; why? Why would there be this gigantic computer set the task of projecting this useless holographic universe? Would it have been built by some monstrously intelligent alien race? Or maybe, it was built by humans far advanced, who wish to play back certain scenes of history, interact with them, and change them? We might be some gigantic video game, really! And you'll notice that almost all these 'why' questions are similar to the why questions of a different topic. This theory, in effect, is a god theory, albeit flawed and presented wrong. Who knows, it might turn into some religion? I mean, who can possibly disprove such a monstrously outlandish claim as that which has been described above?

Mental Liberator said:
It would need insanely high technology to never lag, and if it was that high of technology, it wouldn't make mistakes.
Well when a computer lags it stops in a time frame being it doesnt know what is really going on. So if we were holograms, lag would still not matter our thoughts would stop and just sit still. And everything would just freeze. Like you could lag for a million years and after one sec. Everything could pass by.

<$XeoN>Killer92 said:
Well when a computer lags it stops in a time frame being it doesnt know what is really going on. So if we were holograms, lag would still not matter our thoughts would stop and just sit still. And everything would just freeze. Like you could lag for a million years and after one sec. Everything could pass by.

Yeah I kind of thought about that after I said that, good point. This theory o_o, mind boggling.

THis man is a wacko. Tell him to takea knife and cut a tip of his finger and see if blood comes out. Holograms wouldn't have blood.

Nik00117 said:
THis man is a wacko. Tell him to takea knife and cut a tip of his finger and see if blood comes out. Holograms wouldn't have blood.

But with the theory of the whole earth being just a hologram the blood would be a hologram too. But one of the smartest sentences I have ever heard, and it's from the Matrix. "The problem is the choise"

Now the Matrix on the other hand is kind of creepy. We could be living in that kind of state, unaware of what is really happening because we're programmed to do carry out our lives.

As far as us being holograms, that is hard to believe.

The fact still remains is that we still don't know enough about the world to know this, we can create theories and develope assumptions based on the little that we already know but there is no definate answer, atleast not at this present time in our era
Whether we may or may not be in a Matrix still remains to be but in my opinion, it is definately possible
Computers have developed dramatically in the past decades and they will continue to, we may think that we have total control of them but that is far from true, it is just to what extent the computers have control of us

Back
Top Bottom