100% CPU usage.

French Affair

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm seeming to have some troubles with my computer here at home. It's been running kind of sluggish, lagging a lot when I open new programs and unabruptly freezing for a few seconds at a time off and on. It's a generally new computer, good condition and fast hardware, nothing that should be causing these problems. I've done several virus scans, no virus. Ran spybot and adawear and deleted the few things (mostly cookies) that is found. But that has not changed the performance.

The only thing that I've found that I think might be something to do with it is when you press ctr + alt + delt in windows XP that little box comes up, giving you the optinions of which program to close. At the bottom it tells me that 100% of my CPU is being used. It does this eve time and just stays at 100%. All the other computers I've tried it on show 8-14% at the highest.

Can any one help me I have no clue what to do or what could be causing this problem.

I'd greatly appreciate any help, thanks.

I had the exact same problem with my PC, turned out to be a virus that my anti-virus couldn't get rid of and I had to reinstall XP - that fixed it

get zonealarm, and do something called the "complete cleaning" It getes rid of all your temporary internet files, my computer is only like a month old and when i did that it cleared away 600 mb.

Back
Top Bottom