Memory + CPU

Ok.... well, in my understanding, most new comps nowadays use dual channel. Fine by me, then, sorry for my assumption. I'm sorry I called you an idiot. It was really the jumping to conclusions... lol. wtv. Yes, mike, is has to be the same type. peace.

Now Mike, you don't need to buy ram, or atleast not yet. Now you have a 5200, so your monitor VGA chord (the blue thingy) is connected to the video card correct? If that's where it's connected and it's not working, then is there another VGA input thing on your motherboard? Just to check if the monitor itself isn't broken.

Just because your motherboard might have support for dual channel RAM doesn't mean you have to use it. One stick should work fine. Dual channel works with two sticks of the same type and speed, but the particular brand shouldn't matter (unless there's an incompatibility of course). It's usually best to get the same brand though just to make sure they'll work together.

Mike, you're problem sounds like it's something else. If your motherboard has onboard video, try removing the video card you're trying to use and using the onboard to get up and running. Then install the video card with the drivers and everything.

If you don't have any other video connection, make sure all the connections are tight and the card is seated properly. Check the motherboard manual for troubleshooting tips. Does the computer do anything besides turn on lights and fans? If not, then there might be a problem elsewhere like the CPU or memory. Once again, make sure all connections are tight and everything is installed properly. If it still doesn't work, I would recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer for help.

i had the EXACT same problem when building my computer. it turned out to be a defective MOBO. but thats not saying its your problem too.

well, I went ahead and bought the stick of ram, and it's a no go. didn't help at all.
I have helped people make computers all the time for other people, and have had no problems, this is the first i've ever done for me, and it's been a disaster. uhg. yes, i've checked all cables, tried different monitors, all the monitors do work on another computer, i've even swapped the 5200 for a geforce2mx that I KNOW works, just to get the same result.

we took a closer look, and sure enough, ever last F---IN pin was bent. looks like we messed up when putting the cpu in or something, man, I really don't like socket LGA775.
i'm pretty sure it goes without saying, it's easier to buy a new motherboard than it is to bend all those back.
from what I understand, the cpu is pretty tough, you don't think the cpu would be damaged while trying to put it in the socket, do you? :confused:

well, more a matter of, theres a socket to put it in, as you know, and there is only one way it goes in..
we put it in the only way it goes, we close the top, and put down the clamp, and now they are all bent.
should have just gotten 478, atleast that would have worked.
I REALLY don't like the idea of the pins being in the socket on the mother board, I just don't.
next time, I think i'll get a socket 939 amd.

okay, open up your case, with everything plugged in thats needed to boot up the computer other then the power (for me i need to have my keyboard or mouse, and monitor, or else itll say no user interface device inerted).

Once you have the side panel of your case off, find your graphics card, and make sure your monit is plugged into the vga port of your graphics card. There could be multiple places to plug your monitor cord thing-a-ma-bob into as mental liberator said.

EDIT: Bah humbag didn't know there was another page. this post is useless then :p. sorry. how do you delete a thread?

Back
Top Bottom