Questions

xboxjox3

Baseband Member
My family bought a dell dimension 4600 about a year ago. It has a P4 w/ HT clocked at 3.06...512 ddr dual channel RAM...80 gig hard drive and other things at this level. I have a few questions. Will a 250 W power supply be enough to run a new card i want to put in like a nvidia 6600 256mb and 512mb more of ram so there would be 1g total? Also, does any size lcd monitor display in the 4:3 ratio that is required for gaming? Thanks a lot!

No.... 250W is not enough for a 6600. You need at least 300W. 350W to be safe.

is it difficult to install a new psu with unplugging everything in all cuz i dont wanna mess up the computer

xboxjox3 said:
My family bought a dell dimension 4600 about a year ago. It has a P4 w/ HT clocked at 3.06...512 ddr dual channel RAM...80 gig hard drive and other things at this level. I have a few questions. Will a 250 W power supply be enough to run a new card i want to put in like a nvidia 6600 256mb and 512mb more of ram so there would be 1g total? Also, does any size lcd monitor display in the 4:3 ratio that is required for gaming? Thanks a lot!

i do not think the 250 w will support the new graphics card, and it is hard to understand your last question but if you are asking if a certain monitor is required then, no.

xboxjox3 said:
is it difficult to install a new psu with unplugging everything in all cuz i dont wanna mess up the computer
it isn't that hard to tell you the truth

recon 16 said:
it isn't that hard to tell you the truth
but if you have never worked on a computer before then maybe you should get a local pc technician to put it in for you

A standard power supply will not fit that case. Dell has them custom made for them. Call Dell and talk it over with them.

Dang i cant install an AGP card cuz they don't support anything more than 250 W for power supply's...but i don't have enough money to build one...only enough to add a vid card and ram to the one we have now.

We put soguen general warnings on frys. We should put on dells site Warning upgrading may be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom