more ram

Well, if you really want to get the x700, go ahead. I'm not stopping you (like I can). It's just that, when I used my friend's x700 to play halo, there were lines going down the screen, it would take forever to adjust when you did something, and if you adjusted back and forth, like from 680x850 or wtv to 1280x1040 it would remain choppy for a while... and it's not just him. I went to pcclub and they had a comp with an x700 once and man... same thing. Go ahead though... Maybe it was just those two cards... and besides, an x800 will most likely last you longer.

Yes you need a gig OR MORE to run the game smooth, i have 512 and a 6600 and man it is choppy as hell!

jac006 said:
Well, if you really want to get the x700, go ahead. I'm not stopping you (like I can). It's just that, when I used my friend's x700 to play halo, there were lines going down the screen, it would take forever to adjust when you did something, and if you adjusted back and forth, like from 680x850 or wtv to 1280x1040 it would remain choppy for a while... and it's not just him. I went to pcclub and they had a comp with an x700 once and man... same thing. Go ahead though... Maybe it was just those two cards... and besides, an x800 will most likely last you longer.
i would love to get an x800 first of all its higher up than the x700 and you make a good argument but it all depends on the amount of mony i make within the next couple of months if i can i will get the x800 but if not i need other options, have you heard of any other graphics cards that will play this game smoothly and beautifuly?(that are around 100-200 dollers.)

thnx but will these be dramatically worse that the radeon x800? my computer is not very powerfull afterall it is a dell. and i saw the x700 running on a hp wich are good mass produced computers unlike dell....

No, the 6600gt and the 128mb 6800 will perform well. Just make sure, MAKE SURE, you have an adequte power supply. I think at least 300W to be sure... if not, then you're better off with an x700 because of the low power it demands...

I run it at med and thats when it starts getting choppy, on low it runs OK, even with a gig my card couldnt run it over med. (6600)

Have you ever tried to overclock? What are the speeds of your core and memory? How big is your screen?

Back
Top Bottom