more ram

blink13

Baseband Member
i am trying to upgrade my computer to play battlefield 2 my computer is a dell demendion 4550 intel pentium 4 256mb ram and 60 gig hard drive and a 250 gig hardrive ati radeon 32mb graphic card.

i know i need to get a new graphics card so im goin with an ati radion x700 pro graphics card i saw a computer with this running battlefield 2 and it was buitiful.
my problem is i need 1.5 gigs of ram for the game to run smoothly and my motherboard only has two ram slots for pc2100 ram and it limits 512 mb each. so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a way i can change this for not 2 much mony, ive been lookin at a new motherboard but i wouldn't now how to install it pleez help.

Your best be would be to get a new motherboard....there not hard at all to set up just take your time and if you need to write down were every thing was plugged in at.

Wow... I think you got HD space and ram mixed up. You need 1.5g to install this game. You'll only need 512mb of RAM to run it, but 1g of RAM would make it run smooth. And, please, do not get the x700. It may seem like a good card... but there'll be trouble. Get my card, an atix800, either 128mb or 256mb. It runs any game smoothly. Your best bet is to 1. get a nice graphics card... either the x800 (you can still get the x700 if you want... but I've seen it too and I saw trouble...) and 2. Get some more ram (1g). If you really want a new mobo, I have to know your budget first. I can suggest you get an asus sli mobo, get a 6800gt 256mb graphics card, 1g of ram, a 160g hd, and a sound blaster 24-bit sound card.... Just need to know your budget.

jac006 said:
Wow... I think you got HD space and ram mixed up. You need 1.5g to install this game. You'll only need 512mb of RAM to run it, but 1g of RAM would make it run smooth. And, please, do not get the x700. It may seem like a good card... but there'll be trouble. Get my card, an atix800, either 128mb or 256mb. It runs any game smoothly. Your best bet is to 1. get a nice graphics card... either the x800 (you can still get the x700 if you want... but I've seen it too and I saw trouble...) and 2. Get some more ram (1g). If you really want a new mobo, I have to know your budget first. I can suggest you get an asus sli mobo, get a 6800gt 256mb graphics card, 1g of ram, a 160g hd, and a sound blaster 24-bit sound card.... Just need to know your budget.
no it only requires 512 but both guys from eb games and circut city told me it would be fairly choppy with less than a gig an a half
im runnin real low on mony but i should get paid by these people in around 2 weeks only like 60 bucks but that plus other jobs i should have around 600 bucks so notin fancy and i already have a decent sound card.
is this a good motherboard for the price, it seems to suit my needs but ive never bought a motherboard before so....http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...etails.asp?EdpNo=1460169&Sku=MBM-N2U400-3000A

Circuit city sux... no offense, but most of those guys... Yeah, I know more than most of those guys there. EB games, wtv then. I've played BF2 with 1g with perfect view, no choppiness, nothing. A good vid. card would give you the best results. A 6800gt will eliminate pretty much any problem you have with viewing. But yeah, 1g and a nice vid. card will suffice.

i just looked up ati radeon x800 and i cant find one for agp do you know where i can?

k, thnx but id just like to know why is the x700 worse, im not doin any hard core gamin.

Back
Top Bottom