My Computer Building Checklist

TOWT

In Runtime
I Am going to build a Pc for a friend and I would like to get Advice on the hardware I picked Out.

Mobo: Msi k8n Neo4 /sli Skt 939 Nforce4

Cpu: Amd Athalon 64 3700+ venice core (Should i get the Venice core?)

Ram: Corsair XMS 1gb ddr 400

HDD: Segate Barricuda 200Gb

CD/DVD: Liteon dvd/cd burner

Cpu Heatsink: What kind? (May be overclocking later)

PWS: Ultra Xconnect 500w atx

Case:Nzxt Trinity atx mid tower

Gfx: Geforce 6800 (Leadtek)

If you have any suggestions please list them

your friend seems like a gamer....I would suggest instead of using one stick of 1gb ram...use 2 sticks of 512mb rams (dual channel too if you like)

ummm.... I do use 2x 512mb sticks of ram
Srry about not mentioning it,
do you think I am missing anything/ What kind of heatsink for the cpu

if he is going to overclock later....then I would suggest getting some good cooler like coolermaster or thermaltake.....or even go with liquid cooling....

not bad at all...but just a concern....the fan speed...1600 RPM....I currently have akasa AK825.....and it spins at 2400 RPM when its idle....and it can go untill 3500 RPM.....so this one is not bad but....since ur friend might overclock his cpu....then its better to get one with higher speed...

also if your friend is going to overclock, he may want to consider a different case. im not sure how cool that computer would run with a maximum of 2 case fans. Maybe its just me but I like to have at LEAST 3 fans (2 intake one big 120mm exhaust), in my computer if i plan on doing even moderate overclocking.

I have a venice core in my computer, (not a 3700+) and with 5 fans (2 front, one side, one top -- exhaust, one big exhasut), i can push it from 2.2 to 2.6 and thats about it, I think your going to need a case that allows for more fans if you want to do some relativly heavy overclocking in that pc.

EDIT:

yah you should get a venice core, there one of the best you can get.

Thanks for the Information,
I replaced the case with another,
and I replaced the Heatsinkfan with a fan that has a rating of 5000 RPM

Back
Top Bottom