Are humans holograms ?

It's a tough one,

I mean think about it, bleeding could all be a hologramtic illusion as well, our ability to push each other around can just be advanced collision detection...

the better games get, the more real life seems like a game...

Anyway...
so far as disprooving his theory, I think it's so crazy that it can't actually be disprooved...
lucky for you the emphasis of proof is on the person who makes the theory, not on the people aroung them to disproove it.

the better games get, the more real life seems like a game...

That is utterly true !
Everything seems like a game now, technology is all around us so that we don't even know or can't even distinguish whether which one belongs to which, the real world or the world that we have created for ourselves ...
This theory may seem crazy but it could be true :D I just need a contradiction ! :p

ok... contradition, contradiction...

hmmm, the problem here is anything that we can imagine, we can create in a virtual reality or on screen, whether those are possible or impossible events... It's going to be a tough one...

However, I would assume that you could argue that we are not holograms because we are able to touch, and move vast distances,

whilst light travels at a phenominal speed we are able to move also at very very fast speeds, (in fact it's prooven that the faster you go the slower time gets) therefore...

if we were holograms wh would be made up entierly of light, and would not be able to travel at high speeds, whilst nobody of this world has broken the light speed barrier just yet people have reach phenominal speeds, if we were made of light we wouldn't be able to travel any faster since we would outrun out projectors.

thats a bit of a flakey argument and will probably be hard to argue...

so...

what I suggest you do is shut him in a dark cupboard for a while and ask him to bang on the door...

If he were a hologram then he wouldn't possibly be able to bang on the door since whatever were projecting him wouldn't be able to penetrate through the walls of the cupboard,
if light were able to penetrate the cupboard, then it wouldn't be dark inside it.

root said:
ok... contradition, contradiction...

hmmm, the problem here is anything that we can imagine, we can create in a virtual reality or on screen, whether those are possible or impossible events... It's going to be a tough one...

However, I would assume that you could argue that we are not holograms because we are able to touch, and move vast distances,

whilst light travels at a phenominal speed we are able to move also at very very fast speeds, (in fact it's prooven that the faster you go the slower time gets) therefore...

if we were holograms wh would be made up entierly of light, and would not be able to travel at high speeds, whilst nobody of this world has broken the light speed barrier just yet people have reach phenominal speeds, if we were made of light we wouldn't be able to travel any faster since we would outrun out projectors.

thats a bit of a flakey argument and will probably be hard to argue...

so...

what I suggest you do is shut him in a dark cupboard for a while and ask him to bang on the door...

If he were a hologram then he wouldn't possibly be able to bang on the door since whatever were projecting him wouldn't be able to penetrate through the walls of the cupboard,
if light were able to penetrate the cupboard, then it wouldn't be dark inside it.

Well ... nice points
But in the same way computers interact and talk to each other, we do to, i think that this is the point in which my friend is trying to present to us ...
Hmm ... time does slow down if we are travelling fast ... but what if the light was around a centre of gravity, what if this is what is holding us together ? You could say something like a black hole ... holding only us together and nothing else so that we won't merge with anything that we touch, only things that we are compatible with, which simply is ourselves
If you have seen the movie the matrix, i think that this is similar to what my friend is saying, except that we are condensed light protons arranged in a patter just as programming is ...
Ok ... the arguments are abit out of hand ... i hope i get to contradict him tomorrow ! :rolleyes:

Okay, now I'm going to say this. People at school if this went around to other than you would think hes mad, and you know this :p

What you have to say is this "You've been watching too much Red Dwalf...and if we are holograms, why dont we have that big H on our head?!" :p

dyserq said:
Ok, there is this guy at school who came up with a theory that all humans are actually holograms and just made up of condensed light protons ... i knew that it wasn't true but he would just say that i couldn't prove it ...
I would really like to prove him wrong :rolleyes: So any ideas ?
So far, all i have told him is that light protons can not emit heat, seeing as though it is a form of radiation, but he kicked back at me saying that light is also a form of radiation ... that was truly ignorant of me and i'm just blank-minded ... :(
Any suggestions because it is really ticking me off at the moment ...

It just can't be true now can it? What a silly thing even to say.
And I have to go with root here: "
so far as disprooving his theory, I think it's so crazy that it can't actually be disprooved..."

I don't know too much of these kinds of things but just a few questions. (might be quite stupid ones since I really don't know much about these things)

If we were only condensed light protons,
-wouldn't we be able to move through stuff like plastic and windows since light can go through it.
-Would we be able to move solid objects, atleast I never had a problem lifting up my chair.
-why would we have heart, blood and stuff like that?
-if we are only holograms, how can we die?
-if we are only holograms, where are "we"? (knowing something about the human anatomy I think that now "we" are in the brains. If u get what I mean.)
-why would things like heat and radiation have any effect on us.
-since when have holograms felt pain?
-if we were holograms why do we eat and drink? To get power from somewhere? But then why do we need to eat other things than for example sugar, it has a lot of energy in it. And why do we need water?

But I can only come to one conclusion (sp?) about this. He is nut's stick him to some mental institute and let him chat there with himself about his weird theories.

This is all an illusion of the mind, it can play tricks on you and make you think your seeing or hearing things from this realm or onother one..

But one thing that stands out, is that their is no computer in the world that can duplicate the soul of a human being.

And yes i do believe in the human soul and the other realms of the unseen. But this is all opinion and that's all it is.

if we were , how in the world would it know what pain was? or how revelations worked such as predicting a situation and it comes true.Or the best question yet, why do we dream, computers are not smart enough to dream or are they?

~mr mixx~ said:
if we were , how in the world would it know what pain was? or how revelations worked such as predicting a situation and it comes true.Or the best question yet, why do we dream, computers are not smart enough to dream or are they?

Dreaming I don't know, but pain yes. Atleast my computer feels pain. Everytime it get's lazy I give it a few good kicks and it starts to work better. :D There can't be any better explanation!

haha, yes a good kick or the famous slap across the monitor will do just as good, when a hhd crashes it is it's way of saying, you screwed me up so take that!! j/k

Back
Top Bottom