Ram...

draconum

Daemon Poster
Hey,
I've recently ordered my processor, powersupply, harddrive. I still need to order my videocard (MSI 7800) and some ram... but I don't know what ram would be the best, I would like dualchannel with atleast a gig in total but I don't wont the price of the ram to go over $200CAN.
Can anybody suggest something for me?
Thanks.

Chris

I would think if you can afford a 7800 card, spending a little more for memory wouldn't be too much trouble:

This is a good set of dual channel memory to get...

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145522

I'm sure in Canada, this is available on your websites and retail stores. Newegg won't ship there however but just a reference link you can use to see what I mean for a good memory.

Yes I agree. I got some partiort x2 512 like them very much came with a heatspeader too.

Dual channel RAM is the best but make sure that your mobo supports dual channel rams....or else there is no point of getting it....

It depends on the chipset. For sure the nforce3 Ultras have dual channel capabilities. What Northbridge chipset are you using?

TRDCorolla said:
It depends on the chipset. For sure the nforce3 Ultras have dual channel capabilities. What Northbridge chipset are you using?

NorthBridge???...I am sorry I am confused in this northbridge and southbridge and raid $h*t.....I used cpuz and in the mainboard section it shows:

Chipset: nForce3 250
Southbridge: nForce3 MCP

Back
Top Bottom