can it be recovered?

philip cole

Solid State Member
my computer jammed up, i am running an athlon 2000, 1 gig mem on xp pro,,after attempting to restart all as i get even by pressing the f keys to allow other options to start is a blue screen stating that there is an unmoutable-boot-volume,,, it will not start in safe mode or resort to a previous known conf that worked,,at the bottom of the screenis the following

xxxSTOP:OXOOOOOOOED {OXB5F7B900,OXCOOOOO32,OX00000000,OXOOOOOOOO}

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS SIGNIFIES?

COULD I HAVE CONTRACTED A VIRUS ? IS THE INFORMATION STORED ON DISC CAPABLE OF BEING RECOVERED?

I WOULD REALLY APPRRECIATE ANY ADVICE

THANKS
PHIL

I am not so sure if that is a virus but when you got a blue-screen problem,it is probably an OS problem. You could possibly recover your files by slaving your hard drive to other units.

Well, blue screens usually indicate a hardware error. I'm guessing there's something wrong with the drive. If you can, try making the drive a slave on a friend's computer, like extendcradle said. If that doesn't work, then the drive is probably bad. If that's the case, it would be fairly expensive to recover the data.

I agree with the possible hardware problem.

Also try running scandisk and try registry mechanic. It could be an 'indepth' issue that requires a scan by one of these.

Just go from there and we can see. Work through the options.

And with the possible hardware, check the device drivers.

Back
Top Bottom