Computer won't turn on and i'm about to snap!

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
My build is going to make me snap,lol. i built it about a month ago and i coudn't get my LED wires right on the MOBO. after fooling around with them the computer wouldn't turn on any more. i figured i had either blew the PSU or the MOBO. so i replaced the PSU, and that took about a week. put it in and nothing. so i ordered another MOBO, also another week, put it in and nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong with it!!!!! so before i throw in the towel and bring it to a computer repair shop i'm going to ask one more time(had 2 other threads on this) what might be wrong it.

Never had any leds in my pc so I am not 100% sure of what wires u speak of, but these wires connect to the same place in the mobo as the startup, reser, speaker etc. wires? If so then when u fooled around with them u might have put the start wire to the wrong place and that is causin this problem.

Never had any leds in my pc so I am not 100% sure of what wires u speak of, but these wires connect to the same place in the mobo as the startup, reser, speaker etc. wires? If so then when u fooled around with them u might have put the start wire to the wrong place and that is causin this problem.

i have all the wires in the right places. the problem i was having with them before was that the case didn't come with a manual to say which wire is + and -. at least when i had those were wrong it started up into a restart loop(on off on off....).

CrossCech said:
is the specs listed in your sig what you're working with?

nope. i don't see how the specs have anything to do with it though.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz / 2MB Cache / 800 FSB / Socket 775 / HyperThreading / Processor with Fan

Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA

CASE:http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1185220&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

RAM:Corsair Value Select 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz CL2.5

MSI GeForce 6600 GT / 128MB DDR3 / PCI Express / SLI Ready / VGA / DVI / TV Out / Video Card

What I would do:

My motherboard should come with a manual, so the problem might be the case's wires not having id or letters to figure out.
If I'm scared to burn something, I would go buy a case that has the wires well identified (you don't need a manual if they are clearly identified)...

my MOBO does have a manual to tell me where the wires go. i can't return the case because i have removed some of the metal slots from the case and they don't go back on. i havn't built a computer in the past so i didn't know to look for a case with a manual for the wires.

Well, fellow, then you need a friend that knows were the +s and -s are.
It's very hard to explain it posting...

i don't think it's the wires now because before when they were wrong it at least started.

guess I was looking to find out what you were working with so I'd have an idea what to look at when I attempt to help you. There are all kinds of cases being made by companies that have no regard for wiring compliance. Meaning, some led wires use molex connectors while others connect straight to the mobo. While some manufacturers label their wire one way, another labels it differently or not at all. But if specs dont have anything to do with it ... all I can say is plug the wires in and turn it on. Problem is, you've done that and weren't successful. So maybe telling what case, mobo, cpu and power supply you're working with MIGHT just give us a picture of what you're dealing with. Sorry if that seems silly to you.

Back
Top Bottom