Help

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
i have a pc with win 98 on and there seems to be no drivers how they have been deleted i have no idea.so there is no cd rom to be able to get the drivers back on.is there a way of getting the drivers back on without having to reload as the guy wants everything left on as it is if possible.

theres no drivers so they cant be downloaded to the pc as its modem will not work.
i am trying to use the EXT.exe program off the start up disc but i keep getting an error f: null. if this would work it would load the drivers

go into your device manager to find out what parts of your computer are missing there drivers. (It will show a question mark next to devices that have drivers missing). Then since you obviously have some access to the interweb (your posting here :p ) download everest to a cd and install it on your computer thats missing the drivers, and find out the exact hardware your missing drivers for.

For Example:
1. The device manager might say your graphics controller, or graphics card is missing.
2. Use everest to find out what kind of graphics controller/ graphics card you have
3. Search on google for drivers for that piece of hardware
4. Install them to discs, and then install those drivers from those disc.
5. Repeat for all missing drivers

EDIT:
This is a good site for finding drivers; http://www.driverguide.com/

ALSO: Does your modem connect to your computer via a usb cable, or an ethernet cable? If its an ethernet cable you shouldnt have to download drivers for the modem. But rather you should have to re-download your ethernet drivers for your computer. If your modem connects to your computer via a usb, then you need to download the usb drivers for your modem. If you can't find them, there often on the manufacturers website.

Im not sure how technilogically advance you are (i ran into a similar problem and took me a week to realize I was using an ethernet cable :p):

USB:
usb.gif

Ethernet Cable:
ethernet%20str.jpg

all the drivers are missing if i look in the sys32 folder there are no drivers there are non there.but icant install everest as it wont fit on a floppy.the ideal thing would be to reload but he will loose the lot.
im reasonably qite advanced with pcs but this one has got me.as when i look in the device manager everything has the yellow exclamation.so the cd rom wont run nor the ethernet card driver.but i wonder if i can use a stand alone realtek driver for the ethernet but then i have got to network 98 with xp doesnt always work

sounds just like the problem I have with my computer downstairs... but it's not a maint computer anyways so I'm jsut like... meh I'll put galaxy of games on it and that's all I'll use it for... and well 20 gigs works pretty well for one program that takes up a whole antire 200mb if that :p.. but I hope to get internet on it soon.

Chris

all i get in device manager is display and programable interupt controller. it just seems to be in safe mode all the time

Back
Top Bottom