does anyone know if this is true?

jcon891

Daemon Poster
i have heard that the human eye is not able to notice any change in FPS (frames per second) beyond 60. is this true?

I should think so...You dont notice your monitor flickering do you? Because thats what its doing...

Yeah, plus there must be a limit to the human eye since when you look at a fan spinning. Even a rather slow one, it seems to slow down and spin the other way because of the way our eyes are missing frames

p.s Though I can tell the difference between 60hz and 70hz refresh rate. 60hz hurts my eyes as I use 70 usually, so when my mate uses it, i tell him to switch it. hes like "how did you know?"
So yeah, you must be able to see past that. I think around 70fps is the limit.

well...it don't do that for me and were all differant...so i think its safe to say some ppl can and some ppl cant'

99nasha said:
I should think so...You dont notice your monitor flickering do you? Because thats what its doing...

LCD monitors don't flicker. there is a limit to how many FPS the eye can see but i don't know what it is. it's probably around there though.

Yeah, I can notice LCD monitors flickering too. They still refresh like a CRT does but in another fashion, and most LCD monitors if not all have a maximum refresh rate of 60hz... If they were 70, I'd be fine.

Kage said:
Though I can tell the difference between 60hz and 70hz refresh rate. 60hz hurts my eyes as I use 70 usually, so when my mate uses it, i tell him to switch it. hes like "how did you know?"
So yeah, you must be able to see past that. I think around 70fps is the limit.

I can tell the difference between 70mhz and 85mhz. When I for example change the screen to something else I might not notice it, but then when I put the pc back to my own screen and the refresh rate is 70mhz im like WHOOA, it looks so weird. But I am quite sure that it's about what u are used to. I didn't see anything bad when I used 70mhz all the time. (this was when my screen could not support more than 70mhz)

And 99nasha, actually if I think about it yes I can see my screen
flickering. But ofcourse it doesn't bother me because u can get used to it. And I don't notice it if I don't pay attention to it.

Back
Top Bottom