New video machine. Advice wanted.

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
Building new video machine. Advice wanted.

I have compiled a page of parts I will be using to build my new video editing machine. Next year I will be enrolling in an advanced media studies diploma, so this computer is intended to help me improve before then, and ultimatley be used during my education period. It will also be used as a gaming machine, seeing as I was recently seduced by the atmosphere of my first LAN party.
The case is set in concrete, please dont tell me it sucks because its allready been ordered. The main theme behind my case and hardware is blue lights and blue PCB where possible. Lastly I do not intend to set up SLI, even though the mbod supports it.
What would help me most is if you could look it over and just make a list of things you would change if you were building it. Example:
mute from ocau said:
-That cooler looks horrible
-You don't need a 7800GTX for video editing, a 6600GT/6800GT will do fine
-Hard drives are fine for windows install/scratch disks but i'd get at least another 400gb for video storage
-Ulead video studio is no good
-Download AVG free instead of wasting $40 on pc-cillin
-Get XP Pro instead of Home
The list of parts is here.
Give the images time to load, it is a little slow.
Thanks, all advice much appreciated!

"-Download AVG free instead of wasting $40 on pc-cillin
-Get XP Pro instead of Home"

I must second both of these.

"-Hard drives are fine for windows install/scratch disks but i'd get at least another 400gb for video storage"

Well I'd say a 200gb hdd is enough.

Other than these, it looks like a great pc.

Now I think that the pictures are screwed up :D
The hdd situation definately looks better now. And it was smart to get XP pro instead of home. And as for security if u want to have Pc-cillin it's ok. I have never used it myself but I have heard that it's very good.

Back
Top Bottom