A Little Advice...?

lol, i heard something about 'quad-data rate memory' being too expensive or something, that's all i know about a 'doubleD-DR'.

Anyway, Kalthorn, what you got against AMD's? I'd never even consider an Intel until that fusion thingy that you were on about starts powering my home.

Hey guys, I haven't kept yall updated in a while, = (

I've got some good news = ) ... my birthday is coming up, and it looks like I will be able to get that Motherboard as a present. So shaving 200 dollars off, it saves me some money while giving me a little more option.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor 225.00

Ram: OCZ Value Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory 198.00

HardDrive: 200GB EIDE Western Digital Mode: WD2000BB, 7200 RPM, EIDE, 2MB cache , ATA/100 82.00

Floppy: Mitsumi Floppy 7-in-1 USB Card Reader/Smart Media Internal Drive (Black) 25.00

DVD Burner: DWI-1620 16x DOUBLE LAYER DUAL FORMAT 16x-#24450 41.60

Graphic Card: I need your help on this one, I heard I should get a 6800GT, BUT JEEZ THOSE ARE EXPENSIVE. I would have to earn an extra 300-350.00 to afford the whole system with a 6800GT 256mb.. is it worth it for me to earn that much money for this?

What's your current budget? Do you want to expand in the future? Or are you looking for something that's good for right now?

Well, its not really a budget..its more of a "how much do I have to earn"... I want this system to be awesome as I buy it, but with upgrading potential when better stuff comes out..so yeah...

Then just get a 6600 GT to hold the fort for right now. It'll do fine for most games and is not expensive. Then, when you have the money you can get a high-end card, like the 7800 GTX.

But I don't want to invest money in something that will go to waste.. I wouldnt be able to resell it for much.

Im thinking of ordering all the parts through ebay, I might save a lot of money that way..

I'm going to be investing money in the stock market... So I will not be buying the computer soon.. I'll be back on friday with an update

Back
Top Bottom