Video Card

Tribut3

Baseband Member
i have recentyl bought a 6600 gt agp 8X 128mb. i'm and avid gamer and I play call of duty:UO and bf2. My friend has the same computer as me but his card is out performing mine. he has a MSI MX 440 64 mb. same proccessor, intel celeron D 2.4ghz. he aslo only has 512mb of ram and i have 1 gb.
this isnt making sense to me.
i have a integrated video card and im thinking this could be the problem, maybe my card is conflicting with the integrated one. I recently reformated my pc so their is no chance of it interfering with the card i upgraded from (fx 5500).
so i want to know how to turn off my integrated card, if possible:
what would it be listed under when entering setup on reboot?
-integrated perhirepals
-cmos features
-advanced bios settings

and what option would i turn off once i got into one of thte 3 above?

thanks!

How his msi mx is outperforming your 6600gt is a mystery to me... I don't think it's intergrated though. Integrated usually is disabled once you install a new card. When you say outperfomring, though, what do you mean? Do you mean he's able to play at higher resolutions? Maybe it's the card itself. Have you tried a new card to see the difference? Well, for your question, it's most likely listed under bios, so you should go there. It wouldn't be under integrated perhirepals or cmos features, as far as I know. Take a little look see in bios. I've seen an integrated option and it was disabled once I had installed my graphics card... hope this helps...

You can disable the onboard graphics from the device manager, and if you're not planning on using it, unisntall the drivers from Add/remove programs in the control panel...

I had to disable my onboard sound VIA bios to get my sound card and internet to work.

what would the integrated card be listed under in advanced bios options?
he is outperforming my 6600gt in fps and such.

and how would i go about fixing this problem if its nothing to do with the integrated card?

Back
Top Bottom