Website based forum

kgveteran

Baseband Member
I would like to start my own forum for audio guys and was wondering what the cost of hardware and forum design would be.Thanx. It would look quite similar to this type forum.

well this shouldn't really be in thsi section but anyways...
vBulletin (which is what this is but modded a bit) would set you back a little over $100 then you have the cost of hosting which depends on where you get it, but I would suggest this place: www.dotcanada.com I've had a good experience with them, Then you have Advertising if you want to get know without spamming. thats pretty much what you need to start... but yeah.

Chris

If you're not really into the technical mumbo-jumbo, www.makephpbb.com offer a great free hosting service for phpBB forums. They have many MOD's, languages and styles pre-installed, have never gone down in my experience, and are pretty fast.

But if you want to manage your own forum fully, then you're best off with a paid host.

IPB and vBulletin and pretty hard to use and configure, and cost a bomb, but they are very reliably and feature-packed software packages.

phpBB and Simple Machines Forums are both good, free forum software.

Back
Top Bottom