Bit of trouble..

BobTheLOL said:
So, how does it exactly work in the field and base wise? I would love her to come live with me while I was in the air force. But she has another year of HS then college..

With the Airforce you have an option, The AF is nice, you eat GREAT, Live great. You have the option to live in "Their" dormatories, which have 4 bedrooms, each of which have their OWN bathroom, but everyone shares a kitchen. Your girlfriend can come and go to your dorm, and you guys can spend your time there.

Now I think you have to be married for this option, but if your together, and you just HAVE to live off base, then the AF will ALLOT you a Set amount of money to pay for your home offbase, but again, I would ask your recruiter about this, because I'm not too sure whether or not marriage is required.

AmericanSensei said:
Bob, Where do you live? I'm going through the stages now to become a LEO for the LAPD. I'm not too sure where your located, or what your departments Requirements are, but I can tell you how they are down here. If you want to join a smaller department, for me lets say LBPD, then yes, College, Military background will definately be needed to make myself stand out over applicants, because they are much stricter on their selection, but I'm going for the largest and most dangerous department in the state of California, LAPD, now here, the college, the military background, isn't really needed at all, because of the size of the department, all they ask is that you have a clean background history. Of course all that stuff won't hurt you. I can say that I'm glad I didn't go the route of the Military, especially with all the crap thats going on now. I had friends, family, and some people who didn't know what the heck they were talking about, and kept pushing me for the military, I'm glad I had the smarts to not believe a word they said.

Now I'm not saying its like this for you, or telling you the college is going to be a waste of time along with the military, these two things will only HELP you. When they look at your App and see the college, and MB, they will definately consider you over other applicants, depending on the size of the departments and they're Requirements.

Becoming a cop is a LONG process, but you'll make it if you put your mind to it.

Theres a 6 step selection process and I'm now going onto Step 2, which is the interview.

Yea, I am only thinking of joining the military if getting a job during my first semester of college is a pain. If I have no job during the first semester the Air Force will be my decision. I was told over here in NY now that you need 2 years of college and have to be 21 to join the police force.

If I don't take the 2 years of college and do the AF for the 4 years they will look at me as more wanting and needing because of my experinces and all. So, I'll just have to see what happens

I'm taking Criminal Justice after I get all my required classes out of the way first but may not finish them if I can't find a good job.

Kalgatha said:
....so .... shes still in High school...so im guessing the reason your not asking her to marry you right now is cuz shes still in HS and .... prolly under 18 right? and you are 18 making it illegal or having to have parents permission right? is that why you have to wait?...i know i can be a little nosy sometimes...but owell.

Yes she is under 18 and no I have not done anything with her which will get me arrested or anything I am not stupid. My step sister got arrested for something like that. But, yea I would ask her but she may want to go to college first and all.

Criminal Justice, Good job Bob. Yea, things are definately different down there, theres no military, or college background REQUIRED out here, It only makes you stand out over everyone else is all, Especially if your going for a smaller department.

And the age limit out here is you have to age 20 1/2 at the time of application, which will make you the REQUIRED age of 21 at the time of completion and hire.

AmericanSensei said:
With the Airforce you have an option, The AF is nice, you eat GREAT, Live great. You have the option to live in "Their" dormatories, which have 4 bedrooms, each of which have their OWN bathroom, but everyone shares a kitchen. Your girlfriend can come and go to your dorm, and you guys can spend your time there.

Now I think you have to be married for this option, but if your together, and you just HAVE to live off base, then the AF will ALLOT you a Set amount of money to pay for your home offbase, but again, I would ask your recruiter about this, because I'm not too sure whether or not marriage is required.

Yea I would ask them about that kinda stuff first before I make any major decisions and LA I would never want to be a cop there. Gangs like to kill cops and stuff there.

AF is all upon if I am unable to find a job from the beginning and end of my first semester of college.

AmericanSensei said:
Criminal Justice, Good job Bob. Yea, things are definately different down there, theres no military, or college background REQUIRED out here, It only makes you stand out over everyone else is all, Especially if your going for a smaller department.

And the age limit out here is you have to age 20 1/2 at the time of application, which will make you the REQUIRED age of 21 at the time of completion and hire.

Yea, so I'll try and become a police officer when I am 21 or try and get some line of work with my criminal justice degree. They had alot of options with that degree so becoming a cop may not be my first option all depends on what I can find if I finish the college if not AF here I come :p

BobTheLOL said:
LA I would never want to be a cop there. Gangs like to kill cops and stuff there.

Someones gotta do it though Bob. If noone hires in because of the fear, you can imagine what it would go to.. These idiots will not take over our streets.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone for not wanting to do LAPD, because of the reputation. It's a dangerous job, and it takes a "Special" person to become a cop.

AmericanSensei said:
Someones gotta do it though Bob. If noone hires in because of the fear, you can imagine what it would go to.. These idiots will not take over our streets.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone for not wanting to do LAPD, because of the reputation. It's a dangerous job, and it takes a "Special" person to become a cop.

Yea I mean if I lived out in LA I would become a cop and I was watching COPS on TV and that is what has made me wanting to become something within police work/law stuff ya know?

Your a good guy to become a cop out there and I hope people will look at me differently becoming a cop.

I hear you bob, and thanks.

Good luck on whatever path you decide to take, just follow your heart Bob, and give it 210%, and your plans will succeed.

If you ever need advice or someone to talk to, don't be afraid to hollar.

AmericanSensei said:
I hear you bob, and thanks.

Good luck on whatever path you decide to take, just follow your heart Bob, and give it 210%, and your plans will succeed.

If you ever need advice or someone to talk to, don't be afraid to hollar.

I am nervous about becoming a cop and the AF ya know I feel like physically I can't do it but my best friend is like man you can do it your a strong guy I mean I've been pushing my self alot and all. I just want to have a good job after college or in the AF a good job to support a family and stuff.

EDIT**

Also for the record

*Chases Sensei with a stick* RAWR

Back
Top Bottom