Quick Question

Lord Kalthorn said:
The right hand little finger is nowhere near the A :p And personally I use the other finger (that one what doesn't have a name) for the A. The little finger of the Left hand is for the Shift. That's why is aches so much :p Because I am always putting in Capitals when they don't need to be there!

Woopsy's, kinda like that guy that pop's up when you uppercut someone in the SNES Mortal Kombat. I'm sorry, as a programmer, there is something much more important then the A buttong, which is the left hand :(, the semi-colon; is important.

The reason keys are laid out "randomly" is because, back in the old days of typewriters, you'd have these secretaries who could easily type 1billion wpm.

So they made the key arrangement messed up to slow the typists down so they wouldn't jam the typewriters. Nothing to do with the most common letters being in the same place, nothing like that.

History lesson :D

MrSmiley said:
Woopsy's, kinda like that guy that pop's up when you uppercut someone in the SNES Mortal Kombat. I'm sorry, as a programmer, there is something much more important then the A buttong, which is the left hand :(, the semi-colon; is important.
Semi-Colon is produced by that finger who has no name like this ';' :D Nobody wants to move their little finger back across the keyboard to hit a key.

Apl said:
well its been 2 days since i started to practice the ten keys, and now i'm getting the hang of it ^_^

but now i wonder.. who created the keyboard this way and why they put the letters like randomly, wouldn't be alot better if A were where Q is and B where W is etc.. so it would be alot easier to memorize? >.<
If you want the A key to be where the Q key is then all you have to do is use a french keyboard...

the reason the letters are arranged in such an awkward fashion?

well I've heard two different reasons, the first is that the letters are apparantly arranged so as they are in groups of most used charectors, each finger should contorl around three keys, and common letters are not so much next to each other but distribute around the keyboard to improve typeing speeds...

the second reason I heard was that the keys are arranged so oddly to slow down typists as on an old type writter, if you typed two fast the hammers would stick together.

Back
Top Bottom