19" or 17"

Wiredchild

In Runtime
I'll have my new rig in a couple of days with it's 64-bits and it's 6600GT etc etc...But, because the family use this Iiyama 17" ProLite (10ms) i have to make do with a 15" CRT!!! I know, i'm sweating with fear too.

Anyway, i need to buy a new monitor but don't really have a clue what to go for...I really wanted a 19" to be honest. I do a lot of gaming so it needs to have a fast response time. Can someone explain response time to me because i don't get it please!!!

I have £200, max. Is it possible to get a decent gameworthy 19" or should i just give up and go for 17"???

Are CRT's dead or is it worth actually just going for a CRT????????
Like this: http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=3317&GroupID=19

I like Iiyama loads btw.

Well, as far as I know, the cheapest 4ms 19" LCD monitors are 500-600 USD. Definetely not in your price range. It really depends whether you want a couple of extra inches, or a better response time for gaming.

My verdict: go with the 17".

Go with CRT. Better color ranges and refresh rates. Black is also better looking ;) If size is a issue, get a LCD. There's plenty of LCD monitors that have pretty fast response times.

go LCD, they beat CRT's by far, I will never go back to CRT...

17 inch LCD is roughly the same veiwing size as a 19 inch CRT.

I have a 17 inch LCD and it is quite big and is 8ms.

Go with the 17 inch and save your money!

Personally I'm going to be getting a Viewsonic LCD with a 4ms response time. It's qutie a bit though ($500can) so I dought it's in your price range but you can get some good refresh rates for lower prices too.

But it's really up to you... lots of gamers perfer CRT's over LCD's but it's up to you.

Chris

19"! Well worth it! Especially if you're going with a TFT, but still if you're going with a CRT! I love my 19"! Love the space and the size and the greatness. Well worth it.

LCD all the way. CRT's aren't as energy-efficient and hurt your eyes. Trust me, i can look at my laptop screen for hours and not get a headache, which is a different story to what happens with my CRT.

The bigger, the better for your eyes! So if you can, go for a 19", but 17" is fine.

If you look into any monitor, you get eye strained. That's why you should take perodic breaks and look away from the screen.

Back
Top Bottom