Computer Memory

Yeah... but number is freakin far far far beyond that...
10^10^10^100. that's 10 to the 10th power, the 10th power and then to the 100th power... yeah...

Ya have a point there. 10^10^10^100. Is like sayying the size of Heaven. never ending if ya wanna put it that way. But still if you where to put that number at size one print and type it out. You spend over 200 Million years. By that time your comp would fry;)

~mr mixx~ said:
Well i can't wait til the double layer CPU's come out to play, and the 1 to 3 gig. memory sticks, There is almost no limit on how fast a copmputer can get.

They basically already have out the technology of the future around 2008. Its just not on the market. I saw a hardrive that could hold 2TBs. The other day. Thats just the beggining. And they have around 4GB memory sticks so far. We are just beggining to see whats gonna unfold. Soon we wont even have to type we can just say it to the computer. >.<. And its finished. Done is done. It is just unfolding as we sit at home.

<$XeoN>Killer92 said:
They basically already have out the technology of the future around 2008. Its just not on the market. I saw a hardrive that could hold 2TBs. The other day. Thats just the beggining. And they have around 4GB memory sticks so far. We are just beggining to see whats gonna unfold. Soon we wont even have to type we can just say it to the computer. >.<. And its finished. Done is done. It is just unfolding as we sit at home.

Where was that 2tb hd? no way... the biggest I know of is the hitachi desktstar... 500g's.

i think humans will start to design far more efficient software rather than trying to get more and more and more ram

jac006 said:
Where was that 2tb hd? no way... the biggest I know of is the hitachi desktstar... 500g's.

U can buy 2TB external hdds here. The price is about 2000-2300€

daemon said:
U can buy 2TB external hdds here. The price is about 2000-2300€
Yeah I saw them to there around 2000$ its external. the biggest inside one is around 800GB thats what i saw but super expensive

Go back 30 years and tell them what todays machines have. They'll be in aw. Now jump forward 30 years and you'll be in aw too. I personnelly feel there is no TRUE limit on what a computer can do. We talked about this in class. Computers are quickly changing. There are studies see as how computers are literrally like fast forwarding ourselves. My teacher said this. Take yourself today. And learn what you learn in a year using the internet. Now take yourself back to the stoneage. WHAT YOU LEARNED In that one year what was made up, designed, ideas, so on. WOULD TAKE 20,000 years to develop. As tech goes furthur into the future we will discover new things FASTER AND FSATER. Internet 2 rummors are 700 MB transfer rate. It would cost about as much as a cable does now. Heck give it 10 15 years even cable will be considered much like dail up is. Slow, bulky, and junk. My end statement? I don't believe technology esp in computers has a limit. It will grow, and grow, and grow until we all die out. Now if you want to see a real lemp of technology. Take al ook go back 1900 now jump into 2000 and see how much has changed in 100 years. Now go back to 1800 and jump to 1900 and see how much has changed. You will see in the 1900 to 2000 A LOT MORE has been learned then in 1800 to 1900. WHY? Technology. 100 years ago computers were like heh no word for it even. 30 years ago computers were considered "for the big boys" just look at the past and history tends to repeat it self. Personnelly hardware wise I don't think we'll say a large amount of change as we have int eh past. BUT IT WILL GROW NEEDLESS TO SAY. Software will become more complex/better.

Back
Top Bottom