ANTIVIRUS: NORTON dissapoints.

deville_75

Solid State Member
Has anyone had a problem with Norton Antivirus? Cuz i've used both Trend Micro PC-Cillin and Norton and Norton (to be nice) is a piece of junk!

PC-Cillin worked fine, and never slowed my computer down.

When i installed Norton it felt like it was using up half my CPU (if not more). It jus slowed my comp down by so much.

And my computer is a gaming PC!

Does anyone else have or had this same problem? Are all brand name computer products junk or what? DVD Shrink (freeware) is the best dvd copying software ever.. and its free!! seems like the cheaper the software the better. For some things atleast.

yes norton does use alot of resources

yea mostly brand name computers arent really good

CarpeNoctem said:
I go with AVG Free Edition

Yes I have found AVG to be the best. It's free, it scans really fast and I have never had a virus that it wasn't able to delete. With Norton I had lot's of worms/viruses that I had to delete manually because Norton couldn't.

yea i had exact same problem and found that norton was absolutely crap... i also has trend macro and foudn that to be awesome

Yes
All of Norton products are overpriced, all because of a company with a 'good reputation'
You can get everything that they have for free and cheaper, mainly because i am a cheap fella
For firewall, go with Zone Alarm Pro, for adware/spyware, go with Adaware and Spybot S&D, for viruses, defiantely AVG, and for a combo just go with something like Microsoft Antivirus :D

I use these:
Anti-virus: AVG
Anti-spyware: ad-aware, spybot, microsoft anti-spyware
Firewall: have one in my router
and I am very happy with the results.

Ya Norton is a rip off

But whats AVG? havent heard of it, i guess ill take a look at that. And its free? Wow now thats awesome. Is this the site: http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1 ??

Should i just get AVG 7.0 single edition?

And if i wannted the combo like dyserq said (Microsoft Antivirus) where could get that?

Back
Top Bottom