Help

Murder Matt

Beta member
First of all i would like to say hi to everyone as i am new to the forum.

Ok the problem;
I have a game, san andreas to be precise, and its DVD format. So i put the game into my dvd drive and go into my computer and double click the icon. Then i get an error message saying "E:\ is not a valid win32 application". So then i tryed to explore the dvd, which i did. I found the install and setup files but my pc doesnt recognise them as a installshield file. Whenever i click on these files i get the same message, but with the fle name after the "E:\".
The game works fine on my other pc and it has no trouble reading it.
I have been told by a friend to set up a network so i can find the folder and co[py it, however, when i click "share this folder on the network" on the harddrive, i cannot see it on the network.
Can someone please help me as i have spent 3 days trying to fix this and now im getting ready to quit

is it a copy if it is then that particular cd rom may not recognise the insallation file. if it comes up with (not a valid win32) then it usualy means all the files it needs to install are not there.but obviously you know they are,thats why it works on your other pc

it may be worth making another copy of the game and trying it with a different disc it may just do the trick , thats if it is a copy.before spending any money

yeah i would if i could. I got it off my m8s dad and they r in portugal now (they just moved) I think im going to w8 till the warrenty runs out on my other pc and take the dvd drive out use it and replace it

thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom