AMD or Intel?

I swear I also read somewhere too that Intel has heating problems and such. I think it wsa the P4 Prescott that was getting all the heat, but new dual core designs are much improved.

My proof? Is my neighbor. He has stock cooling for his Intel P4. Temp? Idle 45c or so. my Idle temps? Low 30s.

Wow, a lot of replies here.

I've used AMD for ages, and only use intels on some mates PC's...They don't seem to have as much for the price. Also, i made a P4 pc the other week and forgot to plug in the CPU fan. It shut off after 10 mins of being on and i realised that was why (stupid of me)...I couldn't even touch that sucker afterwards it was so so hot. Literally could have fried an egg on it.

So...The main question i now want to ask is why do all the companies still use Intel??? They're more expensive and i, and obviously a lot of you, don't think they perform as well.

Did anyone hear about AMD's lawsuit against Intel for unfair play in the market like bribary etc etc etc?

I hear the heat problem is the main reason why people slate P4 based notebooks.

That and their heavy power use.

The Pentium M Centrino is much better though.

Yup, the latest P4's consume way over 100W and run at friggin' 70-degrees celcius. Buy one if ya don't have central-heating. :D

Back
Top Bottom