What Speakers

Wiredchild

In Runtime
What Speakers???

My new gaming rig should arrive in a couple of days for me to build. One thing i'm yet to order are speakers as i don't quite have the cash at the moment.

So, i wanted to ask advice on which speakers are best for gaming, DVD watching, and music listning? I play DOOM3 at lot so i really want some good quality atmospheric stuff.

Is a 2.1 ok, or should i try 5.1??? I currently use a 2.1 Boston Accoustic system and that's pretty good actually...i don't think they were too pricey either. Just wanted to know if i can get something better for my money.

I didn't want to spend much more than £50 as i don't have much cash now.

What are these £50 5.1 Creative systems like, cos they seem really cheap for the product and i tend to believe "you get what you pay for".

So, what do you all use? any advice as to what i should get would be appreciated.

ceative speakers are not generaly good quality for the money. consider video logic zrx-550. they are a 5.1 system and the reviews are great. dual ported sub for gr8 bass etc.

good gaming man.
ughh..

im buying a set myself.

If you want top-of-the-line flat-out stunning 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound, get the Logitech Z-5500. It's absolutely stunning. :) In my opinion, Logitech is the best for 5.1 Surround Sound, but I like Creative for their 2.1 or 4.1 speaker sets. Their i-Trigue sets are just absolutely nice.

they are the best speakers ever if you wanna spend almost $500 but for a good set of 5.1's get the x-530's only like $100 and still very nice speakers.

would it be better to go for something like those Creative I-Trige speakers which are 2.1's or a 5.1 system of the same price??? I can't see how 5.1 systems can be so cheap and be the same quality???

THE X-530'S ROCK! and they are quite cheap they are 6.1 too so very nice surround setup

cantona said:
THE X-530'S ROCK! and they are quite cheap they are 6.1 too so very nice surround setup

Agreed, I love my X-530 setup! :) And they are certainly cheap for such good speakers to.. ooo I love them! :)

Back
Top Bottom