Wireless routers

Rikuseki

Beta member
I bought a router recently because my old one stopped working and I noticed my interent goes down a lot more, even when im decently close to the router. I only paid $35 for this one, so I was wondering if it was an issue with quality. I need input on what a good router would be, and if it really makes a difference between say a $35 one and a $140 one. Also the same goes for wireless cards. If i bought one of those $100 wireless cards would i be getting a lot better range/performance compared to my $15 one. Anyways any input, suggestions, or links would be greatly appreciated.

Here's another version of D-Link similar to the link above, but cheaper. Same great quality though:

D-Link DI-524 IEEE 802.11b/g, 802.3 Wireless Router up to 54Mbps Data Rates 1x10/100M WAN; 4x10/100M LAN
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127143

That Linksys one is pretty good too but higher priced. I would say it's worth it because it's made by Cisco and have very good security features. The dipole antenna makes it feel so strong and extend the wireless distance. Don't know exact distance though but looks nice. It is bigger than the D-Link router, but it has nice stands on the four corners of the router to relieve the heat from the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom