New RAM keeps crashing my system

Casam0nkey

Beta member
Hi could any1 please help me, i would really appreatiate some help.

About 5 weeks ago i bought a custom built computer and in that machine i had 2 sticks of 256 ram.
All my games and apps were running fine and problem free apart from being a little choppy, so i decided to get some more ram and boost it up to 1gig.
I took the 2 sticks of 256 back a got myself 2 sticks of 512... I was recommended to do this instead of just getting another 2 sticks of 256.

Well the problem now is that every game i try to play it dose 1 of 3 things,
1, Run's for a few minutes then crash back to desktop
2, Run's for a few minutes then crash the whole system
3, Run's for a while then crash to a blue screen with white writing and restarts.
(when the game dose run, it runs smooth as hell unlike the when it had 2x256)

Dose any1 know what the problem might be?
I thought it could have been compatibility so i took it back to the store and bought some more expensive ram (that was recommended to me).

Here is what i got:
1st i bought 2 x OCZ 512 DDR PC3200 Value Series.
Then i bought 2 x OCZ 512 EL DDR PC3200 Dual Channel Kit Gold Series

Please please can sum1 help me, im getting soooo frustrated.
Thanks

I had a problem that was similar. Usually it is bad RAM. Bad RAM can casue so many problems. Test out sticks in different mobos. I can imagine that RAM modules can be bad too.

@IrishSoldier327
mobo's, whats that? RAM slots on the motherboard?
If yes, yeah i've tried that.

@ rdcmmnst
Yeah i think it is:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
.....ect

@daemon
Im not 100% sure if it is compatible but the place i got my RAM from is the place i bought my computer and they have my whole system on file... They checked it and told me what i would need.

My motherboard is a
Gigabyte 8E Series GA-K8NXP-SLI
and with that i have a Dual 6600GT nvida Graphics Card.

If you need any other system info let me know and i'll post it.

Back
Top Bottom