Ugh, no card with camera.

um...

My 32meg xD chip holds almost 300 300k pixel pictures. The higher you go with the pixels the less it holds. But I have found you can stay at the low pixel count and get great pics. The higer would be if you're going to do something to the pics say in photoshop or the like.
As for where to get them any computer shop that sells cameras is likely to have them. Camera shops are higher priced than the comp shops.
Online check www.microcenter.com or if you prefer to buy from a camera shop try www.wolfcamera.com

seti, i was always wondering what would be the disatvantage using 1 mega pixel instead of 3. Like the photos look practically the same.

I just stick to using 3 though because it holds about 266 in normal (960kb) abd 134 in fine (1.9mb).
That's plenty for when I take pics and when i go on vacation or away i always have a laptop to upload the pics.

Physically they'll look the same... and they'll be smaller... but when it comes to you wanting to print out on Photo Paper for instance, you will notice the difference.

I didn't buy a 5MP camera to take photos with 1 or 2 MP. And between 20-5,000!? That's not so great of an idea. If someone could type out, like 256=__ pictures that would be sweet, I gotta hit the shower and wash the bike:(

Hmmmm... well it is very vague :p I'll have a look into it...

Ok then, there is a review here. It is a bit useless really, for what you want to know, but down towards the bottom it says:

One of the things that I worried about was, with the quantity of pictures I take, how long will a 256Meg CF card last me?? Well, the average size of a Superfine 2272 x 1704 setting comes in at just under 2 megs, and a little bit over 2 megs for complex scenery like with bushes and grass. This is great. That means I can get about 140 images at this resolution and quality per CF card. 2 cards yields almost 300 pictures. In Fine 2272 x 1704, the images are just about at 1 meg each. averaging from 700K-1.3 Megs. So at this resolution and quality, I can yield about 500 pictures on 2 CF cards. Excellent. One of the things I do like about this camera is that the file size varies according to the complexity of the picture; as it should be. So a less complex picture takes up less room. The counter that displays how many shots left is just a guestimate at best. But it gives you a fairly good idea. Also, unlike the Olympus's fairly confusing system, Canon did it right. One for resolution, one for quality.
Now I found out that the Canon Photosomething A80 is 4MegaPixels. So that is probably a very good rating to go by. Superfine must be all of that, fine a little less.

Sweeet, I just got a 256mb xD card and it's set at 2560x1920, which is the highest/best quality, AND it's at it's peak quality, with all that, it's saying it can hold 211:)

thats really good. Mine is a 3MP and only holds 169 while on fine on a 256. When i set it to normal, it can hold 332 at 3 mp

Mines 5MP, I'm kinda confused though, It says its in 2560x1920, so when I transfer that to the computer, which my momitor is set at 1024x768, will I have to scroll a mile left and a mile down? Or will it scale it down?

it would scale it down. I am pretty sure since my pictures are all the same size and i have it set on 2016x1512.

Back
Top Bottom