A Little Advice...?

I feel thats WAY too much for a processor, I think the one I picked out is good enough for serious gaming.

For gaming... get a 200gb or 160bg for minimal, and 250+ for the ons the lasts longests...

Dual cores going to be standardized in the future starting in 2006. You'll see AMD make all dual core CPUs which is why I thought you want to get a good start on it.

If you were thinking about going for 1GB, i'd say check out the OCZ EL Platinum DDR400 Dual-Channel Kit, as it has 2-2-2-5 timings and is cheaper than the Corsair equivalent.

i hava question to ask: at the moment i hava 2GH processor with 512 mb DDR SD RAM with a radeon 9600 XT , pioneer dual layer 16x DVD burner , What do you think i should upgrade next if i am wanting 2 play next gen games on my PC

I'm not an ex[ert on graphics cards, so i can't speak on that, but you'd be better off with an Athlon 64, if you haven't already got one. Get an Athlon 64 Venice or a San Diego FX if you can afford one.

Okay I have a budget now, im not sure how much I can spend untill Im done picking out all the parts. The mobo must stay, im in love with it. The processor seems a little to pricey but I really like the 4000+, if I can get the same performance on something cheaper I will. I've picked out an 80.00 200gb 7200rpm Harddrive from WD. And I also found 200.00 OCZ 2gb ram. I now need to pickout a graphic card (or two..im not sure what sli means) a floppy, a dvd burner, and I think thats it.

Can anyone find me an awesome AMD Athlon 64 Processor thats almost as good as the 4000+ thats not really over 300.00?

Back
Top Bottom