Roll back issues?

somehting else i noticed...i have been getting these Data Execution Prevention messages quite alot...(only time i remember getting them is just after i close My Computer)...dont knows wat ths means?

When u are looking for things that should not be in the startup reg (viruses and other nasty or not so nasty stuff) go to google and search for all the processes. For example I will now go to my startup reg, the 1st thing it shows is AVGNT. Then I google "AVGNT" just try a few different pages and it will tell u what it is. For AVGNT: "avgnt.exe is a part of the Grisoft Internet security suite and is essential for the secure and safe operation of your computer. It Protects against viruses, spywares, worms and trojans. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated."
I already knew this thought but it's just an example. But when u uncheck some program u must be sure that it's nothing important.

And when reformatting just store all the important files on another hdd or to cds.

guys just to let you know i decided to use system restore and all seems to be running well except it is really p***ing me off that i have to go round and uninstall and install alot of programs that i used to have and dont wnat no more...also i used to have AVG and then unistalled it but after i system restored back it is there (obviously) and i cnat get rid of it by add/remove programs...it says it cant load or somehting like that

also there is a few games that are in the same situation as AVG but i just wen through c drive and deleted them except they are still there in add/remove programs....

aslo in add/remove programs it shows them at how much spave they take up but when i deleted the fiel via c drive it wasnt near that?

thanx

also daemon ther are like 1000 things in registry how could i go through each one and search for it and then decide if its good or not? wouldnt that take hours?

Thanx

start -> run -> msconfig -> start up (or something like that, it's the one on the right) I have 16 programs there.

Back
Top Bottom