AMD or Intel?

Just because of my loyalness to AMD i'll go with a AMD laptop but wouldn't defend AMD in laptop region quite yet.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got a Turion 64 equipped laptop, lol. I stand by AMD. Just wait till Vista comes out. I can't wait to see benchmarks for that with our Athlon 64's and Turion 64's.

Heh I know. Ocne 64 bit become huge those benchmarks are going change big time. I heard AMD was succesful as blocking Intel from making a 64 bit CPU until 2009 :) by then well heck give 64 bit tech 2 years to catch on big time. So in 2006 AMD will have a nice lead when intel still won't be bale to produce 64 bit tech.

Bad thing about laptops right now is that Intel and AMD are both releasing dual-core mobile CPU's fairly soon.

Plus, if AMD concentrated more on their MT range of Turions, i'd probably say go for them cause of the 25W energy consumption combined with SSE3, 64-bit extensions etc.

But right now, the Pentium M's and Celeron M's are probably better for mobile computing.

Nik00117 said:
Intel- Runs hot, even though they got a higher "Ghz" they are infact SLOWER if ya ever intend to OC you won't go far.
AMD- Runs cool, fast a mid market AMD could compete with a higher end Intel no prob. A low market AMD could compete with a mid market Intel.

Amd you can get a lot more bang for the buck.

That is incorrect, sorry. AMD's notoriously run much hotter than Intels.

I've heard and the reviews have said that AMD's are better for gaming and such while Intel's are great for your everyday needs. I would read hardware reviews and watch benchmarks before I made any decisions about that statement. But, from what I have seen, AMD's do tend to perform better in the gaming environment.

acphenom said:
Bad thing about laptops right now is that Intel and AMD are both releasing dual-core mobile CPU's fairly soon.

Plus, if AMD concentrated more on their MT range of Turions, i'd probably say go for them cause of the 25W energy consumption combined with SSE3, 64-bit extensions etc.

But right now, the Pentium M's and Celeron M's are probably better for mobile computing.

GOddangit. I just got the Turion and had no idea dual core was going mobile too. Man, I just can't keep up with technology.

Oh well, I'll get dual core ready for my desktop. No big deal with laptop. It's just there for convienent use on the road.

Back
Top Bottom