AMD or Intel?

yeah i like AMD better too!! :D my computer has a AMD 64 3000 and my brother has a pentium 4 3.0 ghz...supposedly the same performances...but mine goes a hell of a lot faster...i hate using my bros computer cuz its so dang sloW!!!

You'll see intel tend to do a little better in regards to video editing and more of the office type software. It's suppose to be better at multi tasking. AMD is recognized for speed and performance which is why they are best for hardcore gaming.

Despite Intel having better grounds at multitasking previsouly, latest dual-core release such as the Athlon 64 X2 CPUs match most of the of the high end P4 (even the EE) and beat them in other occasions.

Ah, the dual core EE's from intel suck. The pent. 4 is so hot you could fry a hotdog on it... and the dual cores just don't match up to amd's, even the lower end. Amd all the way... trust me. I've used intel (i had a 3.2 ghz with ht, 200g hd, 1 g of ram, an x300 se pci e graphics card, and a sound blaster 24-bit. It sucked! This comp (in my sig) runs ten times as fast. Seriously. The windows logo (on the intel) did freakin like 8-10 bars! I got 12 once! On my amd... haha. like 3 1/2 bars... nothing basically...

Cnsidering the biggest poitn diff I could see between the highest Intel and lowest AMD was .83 points. I'd gladly surfer .83 points for having a slightly cooler, power effectie CPU.
AVvg AMD score 2.975
Intel Avg Score 3.18875
Now avg diff 0.21375

Wow major diff eh? Considering your CPU will run cooler, and use less power i'd stick with the AMD.

AMD for the desktop consumes less power but if you're talking about the AMD CPU for laptops such as the Turion line, they are the opposite. I'd say for those who want a laptop, get the Intel CPU (Pentium M/Centrino).

I would say the benchmarks are too close to probably say which chip is better. Both are good at doing their own thing and both have some disadvantages. They balance each other out in certain ways but I do like AMDs efficient use of their Athlon processors though. The price is also nice.

Not going agrue that point. AMD still needs to work on the laptop range. BUT they'll work out the kinks and become huge in the laptop market.

Back
Top Bottom