digital camera help

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
hey, I have a fujifilm A330 and when I hook it up to my pc, i go to my computer click on removable disk and i have the folder called "DCIM" then inside that folder there is one called 102_fuji which contains my photos and the photos are named as DSCF(and a number).

Well, to save my precious time, i would like to know if there is a way to change the name of the folder to like "Ottawa 2005" so all the pictures inside that folder would be "Ottawa2005(and a number)"

I have tried renaming and making new folders but the camera automatically makes the same ol' folders again and stores my pictures in there.

you might be able to create new folders see your manual or install the software that came with the camera.

What is the camera like? any good?

I dont you think you can with them type of cameras, because they make it as a default, even if you delete it will re make it when it takes the pictures.

technoman, the camera isn't too bad, i got it last year. Made a deal with my mom, lol, she payed for it but i ordered it with the world-wide-web :p

I haven't used it too much because it only came with a 16 mb xd-card, so right before i went to cuba my mom bought a 215mb.

Then there was another problem that I read about before purchasing the camera, it eats away battery life like crazy. So just 2 days ago I invested in the Energizer 30 min charger, now the camera is on me 24/7, never leave my house without it.

Steven, yea it does make default ones, stupid camera. But i'll fool around with the program it came with. Maybe there is a way.

I'm asked this in the first place because my dad's co-worker has a digi cam, i think its a.....can't remember, lol. Well, all his pictures are named of the place he is at and so is the folder with the pictures...

EDIT: CANON! that's it :p

You cannot change the name that is sets before the Picture Number I am afraid. However, you can put whatever you like on the Flash Drive and it will do nothing. I personally use it as a transfer device for my story between my Laptop and Computer. It is very useful and quick. As long as you don't put it in the Camera's Folders, it is fine.

I transfer tv shows and stuff to my friend's house with my card :p

Well, i found out how to change it. I have to use the program to import the photos and then in options I can choose a name and the way I want the picture to be titles such as: name+date, name+number and so on....

Back
Top Bottom