Your Dream System?

Shhh I can imagine anything I want.
IF I want an infinite computer I can darn well have one, In my mind.
In reality, I'd have dual dual proccessor board, 8 gigs ram, Two ATI's newest card (Yet to be released) In crossfire config. etc etc.

Lord Kalthorn said:
How can you dream about something you cannot imagine? Infinate doesn't exist because it depends on the person thinking about it :p To some people 1Thz is Infinate, to others you'd have to add a dozen more zeros to get close... how can you imagine such a thing, when it has no definably stats?

If I were going silly though, I would say a HP SuperDrome; 128 Itanium Processors (the 8Meg Cache ones, overclocked each to 3.2Ghz with Water Cooling), couple score nVidia nForce Professional Boards, couple hundred Gigs of RAM, couple dozen Terabytes of Space, nice thick Fibre Optic Gigabit Internet Backbone Connection, a few 7800 512Meg Cards, four 30inch thin bevelled Monitors, so they fit around me in a Semi-Sphere without much of a noticable gap, Microsoft trackball Explorer Mouse, Microsoft Fingerprint Reader Keyboard, nice Lexmark A3-size Laser Printer, A3 Scanner, DVD-Copier Tower, and Windows Longhorn Server Datacentre Edition for Itanium-Processors to command the power. Along with all my favourite Software, in native 64-bit Forum.

But that is going silly, of course :p
I'd get the same thing, exept I'd get 200+GB of RAM, tons of EB range HDDs, 4GHZ OCed CPUs (128) and dual 1GB Video cards

Don't forget the EHZ CPUs too

I'd get a laptop with VIA C7-M 2.0GHz CPU actually...considering energy consumption...with 2GB RAM, 100GB 7,200rpm HDD. :D

I would like this computer! *slaps compy on desk!*
http://store.sun.com/CMTemplate/CEServlet?pm=4b6009:10586bee90f:-24a5

Here's the specs:

Sun Fire 25K Server
18 Processor/Memory Uniboards
72 1.35-GHz UltraSPARC IV Processors
16-MB ECC External Cache per Processor
288-GB Memory
2 System Controllers
6 Power Supplies
8 Fan Trays
9 PCI+ I/O Assemblies
1 Quad FastEthernet PCI Adapter
1 Dual Gigabit Ethernet + Dual SCSI PCI Adapter
1 Sun StorEdge S1 Disk Array
1 External Expansion Rack
ServerStart Installation Service for up to 18 Domains
Sun Java Enterprise System
Sun Remote Services Net Connect Software
Storage Automated Diagnostic Environment Software
CPU Diagnostics Monitor Software
Solaris 8 2/04 Operating Environment

I'm still lookin for better too, I found one... but I can't find it actually being sold... only articles :\ Like this:
http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=761&Itemid=0

5.7 trillion flops... holy crap... I wish I could flop like that ;) lmao

But all this is a big jump from my piece of shit computer right now. All that I got going for me is my 320gb HD. And it seems to be running hot as hell (i not leave the case open)... And it's also all messed, can't even open my task manager anymore! (I posted about it already, no replies... but oh well).

NOTE TO EVERYONE! DO NOT TAKE YOUR COMPUTER TO FUTURESHOP! EVER!!!!!

amd 64s are much better than intel cpus in gaming THATS THE TRUTH if you cant handle it to bad. ANd AMD 64 CPUS and way cooler then pentium 4s and more "EFFICIENT". AMD cpus that are not 64 bit SUCK, but THE 64 BITS AMD CPUS are the BEST OF THE BEST for GAMING.

onimusha said:
amd 64s are much better than intel cpus in gaming THATS THE TRUTH if you cant handle it to bad. ANd AMD 64 CPUS and way cooler then pentium 4s and more "EFFICIENT". AMD cpus that are not 64 bit SUCK, but THE 64 BITS AMD CPUS are the BEST OF THE BEST for GAMING.

How about 72 1.35-GHz UltraSPARC IV Processors?

lhuser said:
UltraSPARC....I need one of them

I couldn't agree more...

EDIT: Imagine a motherboard using a fiber-optic type thing instead of wires/electricity? Would it not be able to bench like 500ghz? lol (Fiber-Optics is a cable that uses light to transmit data... I also want that for my internet connection... *drools...*)

lhuser said:
I'd get the same thing, exept I'd get 200+GB of RAM, tons of EB range HDDs, 4GHZ OCed CPUs (128) and dual 1GB Video cards

Don't forget the EHZ CPUs too
Haha... I was going for consistancy :D Itaniums come in at around 2.0Ghz... overclocking them double... would either take a dreadful amount of luck, or a dreadful amount of cooling, and probably something more substancial than Water Cooling :p Although, it has to be said, at 4Ghz with 8Meg Cache each... they would most Prestigiously Rock the Kasbah!

UltraSPARC! Haha... think I'd prefer 36 Itaniums to 72 UltraSPARCs :D You'd have to use Solaris! and StarOffice! Updating x86 Programs for a native 64-bit environment is one thing, but updating x86 Programs for a SPARC Environment... you might as well have somebody write them again for you :D

Back
Top Bottom