Stupid Windows

lukey83

Baseband Member
I dont suppose anyone knows how to stop my computer from saying "your computer is now safe to turn off" and just do it itself?

Its really annoying me. I didnt think WinXP did that lol.

my XP doesn't. when i ran 98 it said it, but after it was on for a few seconds it shut off by itself.

It really depends on your Computer. Generally XP, 2000-age Computers can do it, but some can't, and most older ones can't.

Presuming your Computer is capable and you know it is, that would be the best place to get the answers.

On this computer it was built for 98, but has xp on it now, Just dont go to start, turn off

Just close all your windows and hold the power button, after 5 seconds itll turn off or if its a newer computer itll turn off when its pressed

M1ND.G4M3 said:
On this computer it was built for 98, but has xp on it now, Just dont go to start, turn off

Just close all your windows and hold the power button, after 5 seconds itll turn off or if its a newer computer itll turn off when its pressed

That HIGHLY depends on if apm is supported, or if it's enabled in the BIOS.

Lord Kalthorn said:
What did you work out from the Microsoft Support Page?

Nothing good. I did step 5 and now my computer wont shutdown at all, it just keeps restarting after I hit turn off computer.

Back
Top Bottom