How Can You Tell If A Sempron Has 64-Bit Extensions?

acphenom

Daemon Poster
I've been reading about the new 64-Bit Semprons coming out, and i was wondering how you can tell if a Sempron has 64-bit extensions.

Could anyone enlighten me?

No, no, no, i know that, but i'm asking how you can tell if a Sempron has 64-bit extensions or not. Isn't there a way to tell in the processor identification code (at least i think i can call it that)?

Well if they're coming out with them, they won't be here now :D I'm sure when they do, they will give it a new name, or a new Socket Name, and that way you will be able to work out. Until then however, it is hard to tell.

hmmm, when my bios starts up it says 64 bit memory clock is...

if it says that then its prob 64 bit :D

but dont know really

lol, nice jokes, but seriously, how do you find out? Doesn't the product code thingy end in 'BOX' or something?

run cpu-z!

beside instructions, in cpu tab, mine says x86-64, a 32 bit proc would stil say x-86... but i assume it would then be -32

???

dont know anything about the codes, try amd website

Nah, i mean before you buy it. If i wanted to buy a Sempron CPU and i wanted one with 64-bit capability, i need to know before i buy it, and i don't mean by ringing the retailer either.

semprons just cut down athlons, why not just buy an athlon 64??

i would imagine the shop would say whether it has 64 bit extensions? or you could just email them and ask?

Back
Top Bottom