New graphic card for dell dimension 2400 plz help

jonworth

Baseband Member
hey people, today i bought a new graphic card for my dd2400. However i have some problems after installing the card. The dell comes with an integrated intel graphic card, however after unistalling and disabling that and restarting the computer with my new pci graphic card (geforce mx4000), the computer detects the intel card and stalls my computer..the "found new hardware" label appears and it just freezes. So in other words i cannot do anything on my computer with the new card. maybe i didnt uninstall the intel graphics completely or the new one is just incompatible with my dell.

Anyone have any idea how to make my new card work. cheers

try installing the drivers for the new card with the onboard enabled then disable and reboot.

rdcmmnst said:
try installing the drivers for the new card with the onboard enabled then disable and reboot.

Yes, this should work, the reason for the freezing could be that u have ur graphic setting too high because the GPU doesn't have any drivers it can't run well so even something like 800x600 can be much for it.

ok and tell us if it works to many people come and leave and don't know if they got if fixed or not

ok i will get back to you asap...i'll probably finish off 2mora..thx again for feedback

Yep people that i managed to do it..cept i just did it the other way round. I disabled the old card 1st..restarted the comp and changed the primary graphic controller to auto...turned it off, inserted graphic card...plugged monitor into the new card then installed the drivers once in...yep the resolution wasnt quite rite but i changed them after installation and worked great!!! Now i can play Guild Wars YAY!!!

lol, its annoying when people leave, cus i dont see why we should help them iff they leave us, were all coll and stay here.

Back
Top Bottom