Deliberatley Freezing a Monitor

boombaby

Baseband Member
Hey Guyz,

I runa setup for a school ... they gave me some serious equiptment to play with ... three screens , projector , video mixer .... and easy 10 G worth of hardware. So im happy , but i am having trouble DELIBERATLEY FREEZING A MONITOR. I need to freeze a single monitor so the image remains on the projector, ive searched aroiund and there seems to be no application that does this .

I am aware of the "Freeze" or "Mute Image" functions built into the projector but i think this would be reather unprofessional to have FREEZE IMAGE apear in front of VIP's or something .

So please if you have any idea if this is able to be done please let me know because i am wuite desppareate for an answer as there is a Head of faculty Presentation that is taking place in the near future

Much appreciaated

What do you mean deliberately freezing a monitor ? Why can't you just leave it there idle and so the projector will show the screen without any movement or activity ...

Basically, I need to freeze that monitor so while its frozen can chage apps in that window etc. its hard to explain .. i can leave it idle for most of the time but in some cases i need to freeze a monitor with no visible effects

You can do this: 1-Taking a screen shot (alt+print screen), and then pasting to paint, and you can save it as bmp or jpg.
2-Or, you can get a tv card (pci) that do this...

ahk .... im still hesitant though, is there any applications for Windows that can preform this operation ?

From what I understand..
You want to do like a presentation, a graph comes up and you want to stop it and show nothing but the graph.. While they discuss this, you can be doing stuff to get ready for the next segment while only the graph stays on the screen..

The only way I can think is to have a duel computer setup.. You would a switch. As soon as you flip the switch you would be on computer 2 and computer 1 would stay and wait for input. When ready you flip another button on the switch to enable the screen on the projector..

hmmm... yes that is right . Great .... Thanx ... see if i can get the school to get another comp and a swith and gods knows how many more cables

Back
Top Bottom