help fast!!!! help please!!!

aowen416

Daemon Poster
ok my brother is building a pc right now and he has never done it before he has the amd prosser in but is having touble with the fan. on bottem of the fan is that heat stuff it rubbed off my bro put the fan the wrong way around and now the stuff on the bottem of the fan is smudged and on the proscersor is this bad!?!?!??! help!!

Has he tried pulling it off? Otherwise bad luck, It will have to stay broken, an expensive mistake? to make

Just clean it off and reapply the thermal paste. You don't want it spread all over the back of the chip but only a very thin layer across the contact pad .

If it was the thick tape type that usually comes with a new proccessor/heatsink , then I suggest that you very carefully scrape it all off and then replace it with a light coating of thermal paste..

Thermal paste can be readily purchased at any computer supply shop for a dollar or so.

I'm confused. Did he put the processor in upside down the clipped the fan on??? :confused:

I thought getting thermal compound on the pins started the apocolpyse, but who am i to speak.

Back
Top Bottom