Connect TV to PC?

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
Is there a card that I can get that will connect my Win 98 PC to my TV. I need it to conncet to either an RCA Video connector, an s-video connector, or a coaxial connector. I want to use my computer as a music computer to play through my surround sound, but I don't want a bulky monitor sitting around in the open, and I don't have the money to just go out and buy a flat panel monitor just for that right now. Do TV tuner cards let you do this?

you can drop by your local radio shack, they should have the converter that you need to be able to hook up your video card to your tv. same with your audio, you can get the hook ups to hook up to a amp. Radio shack would have everything that you need.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I already have a cord that will hook my PC up to my surround sound system though.

it's not radio shack anymore, it's now called "The Source" I wouldn't really recommend radio shack because it's overpriced like crazy. Go to them for info though, the people that work there are pretty good at helping you out.

If you have an S-Video out, and most cards do even with Windows 98, they should quickly show you what you need. It should be a very cheap cable.

I suggest the Sapphire Radeon atlantis 9200 for old machines, because it has vga out, tv out and dvi out, and is compatible with agp 2x-4x-8x...

Probably doesn't need to upgrade at all, all he needs is an S-Video Out and the cable, and a TV with an S-Video In. He probably has the fore and must have the latter to want to do it, all he needs is the cable.

Back
Top Bottom