Your Dream System?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Confusing Quality with Speed. AMDs may be a little bit faster in games, but the Quality of the Processor is still less :D

Ha! I beg to differ...:rolleyes:

alvino said:
You'll get even better quality with AMD (especially with gAMING :p)

I have 3 Amd and there all broken... You can say all you want about Intel But they are the best even though they are not the fastest.

Intel systems are pretty nice too. But cost a little more than AMD. Initially, that was the "main" reason why I chose AMD when the first line of Athlon CPU came out (Slot A).

I had a reported post from jac 006, saying "A really senseless post, it's up to you guys. [meaning the mods] not sure if he meant the thread or a particular post, but I say to him, "let it go on, they're enjoying themsellves, don't be such a misery guts."

Maurice

I know... but that... if you saw that... c'mon. There's a limit to how far you can go. I'm not being miserable... I'm just trying to keep order here. I saw too much in the past weeks. Things got way out of hand. Most of us here know that. It wasn't funny what he wrote. I'm pretty sure that the purpose of this thread was to have a dream system from the today's day and age, not some other, nonsense (forgive, but I can't think of a better word right now). It was that particular post. This thread is fine. I enjoy thinking about dream systems... but that was quite interesting. amd 999999999999 gimme a break... just trying to stay realistic. If he meant no harm and you guys hate me for trying to keep order at CF, fine, by all means, I appologize. Peace out...

Lord Kalthorn said:
Shouldn't matter, we'll all be using nice happy safe Fusion Power in time anyway, then it won't matter at all! They have it working on Oxford... it is only time before they can get it working permanently and built a production version.
I think you'll find that the Oxford project appeared to work but didn't, unless of course you know different, I am very interested in fusion power, I just hope it comes about before I shuttle off this mortal coil, what's your view, LK, how long before it's up & working, appreciate an answer this time please.

Maurice [not a funny name,....remember?]

Hell no. Intel make terrible CPU's. All they are is clock speeds and hyper-threading. They consume far too much energy and run way too hot. AMD's have HyperTransport, Memory Controller etc. and consume far less power and run a lot cooler. My Athlon 64 2800+ has been fine.

I heard P4's were hard to place into the motherboards too, so i'd say they are more vulnerable to breaking.

acphenom said:
Hell no. Intel make terrible CPU's. All they are is clock speeds and hyper-threading. They consume far too much energy and run way too hot. AMD's have HyperTransport, Memory Controller etc. and consume far less power and run a lot cooler. My Athlon 64 2800+ has been fine.

I heard P4's were hard to place into the motherboards too, so i'd say they are more vulnerable to breaking.

I personal havent even touched a athlon cpu lol only intel pentium 4 and i would say that they are not hard to fit on to the mobo well i dident think so when i changed my computer case ?

Andrew2020 said:
I have 3 Amd and there all broken... You can say all you want about Intel But they are the best even though they are not the fastest.

So? Depends how you treated them. Everything has a breaking point. It just depends how you used it.

Haha, Intel is the best...that'll be the day :rolleyes: You're lucky DarkBlade got banned, otherwise he could type up a whole thesis on why Intel sucks (He's going to Purdue University for Computer or CPU fabrication...something like that) and he would gladly back himself on it too.

Back
Top Bottom