Not Happy with my 6800 ULTRA...

dhaval_1920

In Runtime
I have BFG TECH 6800 ULTRA OC and I installed 3dMark05 PRO and it only gave me 2578 score.....:(

does any one have sugggestions for making it better??...my system has:

AMD Athlon 64 3400+
1 GB Crucial Ballastix (2 x 512) with heatsink
Gigabyte K8NS Pro MB
XBlade 500W DirectBlow PSU
Tsunami Dream Case
Akasa AK825 CPU FAN (CPU Cooler)
3 HDD's (80, 40, 40GB's) AND
BFG TECH 6800 ULTRA OC (256 MB)

I just formatted my Hdd and installed my antivirus system and then I installed drivers and 3dMard05 PRO is the first program I installed and ran the test...so there is no chance of system load or anything that could slow down this thing....I RAN THE TEST 2 TIMES WITH DEFAULT SETTINGS.....and everytime it gave me score of no more than 3000....HELP PLEASE..... :(

Thanx in advance

DhavaL

Well atleast 3dmark03 suggest that u turn off any tweaking programs, including OC:ing. Says that the result will not be realistic if u have these kind's of programs on. So that might be the reason. Try with no oc and see how it comes up.

There supposed to be great cards.

Do note though that the new 7800 card gets about 7000 in 3DMark05... but I'm surwe that one should get a bit more than that...

something is wrong you should get at least 5k i get that with my 6800gt and amd 64 3200 overclocked to 2400mhz.

anywhere around 5200-5400 is about right, definetly something slowing it down. Be sure everything is hooked up right, it might be overheating, or maybe you just got a bad card.

did you unlock the extra pipelines and vertex shaders? ALSO make sure to get a fan better than the stock fan.

Back
Top Bottom